QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

MEMOIRS - 3 (VOICE OF THE WOMEN WHO CAUGHT IN ADULTERY) - WRITTEN BY MS. AYSHWARYA

One fine day, there heard usual knock at my door. When I opened, there stood a handsome man casting his longing eyes upon me. I know he has come to lie with me behind him I could see someone running in the street shouting at top of His voice saying, “Come all, Jesus was back again at the temple to teach us”.  At once I heed these words I felt urge to go temple to listen His teaching because I heard lot about Jesus oh, He is as a great prophet, the miracle worker, even some declare him as Messiah. But then my handsome was waiting for me so let me lie with him first later will hear from Jesus.

 After a while, there was terrific banging at my door, I was stunned to look at group of Pharisees and Scribes gather at my doorsteps. They caught us red handed in adultery but they dragged me alone to the street and made the man who lay with me to escape.  I thought according to Law of Moses, they were taking me out of the city and succumb to stone me.

But they ceaselessly dragging me towards the road which leads to temple and brought me through the midst of multitudes gather there and cast me down at the feet of someone. When I slowly lifted my head I saw Jesus the holy one of Israel before me. I was broken, ashamed and distraught that my secret act of sin has come to light and even common people of the city has come to know me as harlot.

On the other hand, Pharisees and Scribes pointed me and said to Jesus, “This woman was caught in the very act of adultery. The Law of Moses says to stone her, what do you say?”  I thought Jesus too will surely accuse me and this day is the day of my judgment and end of my life. But Jesus stooped down and wrote in the dust with the finger, Pharisees and Scribes kept demanding an answer to Jesus. So He stood up again and said “All right, stone her, but let those who have never sinned throw the first stone on her”. Then He stooped down again and wrote in the dust. On hearing that they all were being convicted by their conscience and left that place one by one beginning with oldest and even the last. Now, I know for sure there is none to stone except the unblemished Jesus Christ who is alone worthy to condemn me. He will surely pass final verdict on me. My terrible musings were interrupted by the sweet voice of Jesus. He politely asked me “Women, where are your accusers? Din’t even one of them condemns you?” with trembling voice I replied, “No, Lord”.

Jesus said to me, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more”. I was astonished by His graceful forgiveness towards me. I know I’m not worthy of it.  Compassionate Words of Jesus transformed my entire life forever. Earlier I thought I would die but this graceful second chance made me to realize my sin and to repent for it. I was never the same.  Holiness of Jesus made me holy from then I had a new beginning.


Even today, Jesus Christ will never condemn you for He loves you so much. Go to Him in prayer and you will never be the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment