QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, January 6, 2014

QUOTES ON TOP - 3

“The great business which the disciple of the Lord Jesus has to be concerned about is to seek the kingdom of God. I believe this means to seek the external and internal prosperity of the Church. If we seek to win souls for the Lord Jesus, we are seeking the external prosperity of the Kingdom of God. If we help our fellow members in the body grow in grace and truth or care for them in any way, we are seeking the internal prosperity of God. In connection with this, we also have to seek His righteousness. This means to seek to be more and more like God-to seek to be inwardly conformed to the mind of God. If these two things are attended to diligently, we come to that precious promise: ‘And all these things [that is food, clothing or anything else you need for this present life] shall be added unto you.’ Do you make it your primary business and your first great concern to seek the kingdom of God and His righteousness? Remember that the world will pass away, but the things of God will endure forever.” – George Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment