QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, January 31, 2014

RELATION AND RELATIONSHIPS - 4 (HAVE PEACE WITH ONE ANOTHER)

“...have peace with one another.” – Mark 9:50

Recently I went to my wife’s place and there in her relative’s house I met a girl who was studying a course on animation. I like animation and so I was talking to that young girl about her course. As I was talking to her, a woman came and took hold of her hand and asked her about her well being. She never turned to that woman but politely removed her hand and then moved aside and said in a low voice that she was fine. Again that woman came to her and asked something. She repeated the same behavior but she didn't reply anything.

I felt so embarrassed to stand there but I don’t know what to do. Later I asked my wife who was that woman to whom the girl was hesitating to speak. My wife said that the woman was the younger sister to that girl’s father. She also said that her father did something wrong and so this girl stopped talking to her father and to all who belongs to her father’s family. Later I met some other person who told me that the young girl won’t speak much to her sister also and even if they speak it will end up in fight.

There were times even in our lives we hesitate to talk to someone for some reasons. We may think that we have a valid reason for not talking with someone. They might have done something to us at some point of time and we carry the wounds created by that incident till we die. We struggle to forgive them and we feel that there was no wrong in our part.

But Jesus Christ clearly tells us to have peace with one another. If you keep on fighting with those around you for any reason you cannot have peace in that relationship.

The young girl I spoke with carried a wound in her heart and as she doesn't allowed Jesus Christ to heal her wound and so she could not forgive her own father and because of that she had no peace with anybody around her.

Today you might be carrying a wound because of the words of someone or by their deeds. You have to allow Jesus Christ to heal your wound so that you can have peace with them. Do not carry the wound forever. It will hurt you and it will hurt them also. Take a step forward and allow God to bring peace into your relationship.

One of my uncle begun to hate his brothers and sisters after his marriage. He stopped talking with them for no reason. Some of his sisters tried talking with him but he never responded. Years passed by. His character was watched by someone who hated him and so he thought that if he do some harm to him no one will come to help. And one day when a fight arose he had beat him a lot. But then the news came to his siblings. Without thinking about what he did to them everyone went and stood by him at that time and helped him in that tough time.

You have to take one step forward out of your comfort zone and try to have peace with people around you.

Judas betrayed Jesus. Facing betrayal was a tough one but yet Jesus referred Judas as friend when he came to betray Him. That was the love of Jesus upon the one who came to betray Him.
You might also have gone through betrayal but do not hate the person who betrayed you. Call them as your friend, love them and stay in peace with them. You have to stay in peace with one another because you are the child of God who loves everyone.


Today Jesus Christ wants you to have peace with those around you and also He wants to heal your wound. Allow Jesus to heal you and stay blessed. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment