QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

ARE YOU THE ONE WHO CAN BOLDLY SAY THAT YOU STAND BEFORE THE LORD?



“Then Elijah said, as the Lord of hosts lives, before whom I stand...” – 1 Kings 18:15

“And Elisha said, as the Lord of hosts lives, before whom I stand..." - 2 Kings 3:14

Whenever I read these verses I feel so thrilled to see how Elijah and Elisha introduce themselves with authority. They say boldly that they stand before the Lord. They lived as holy prophets because they made it a habit to stand before the Lord in prayer.

From my childhood I like the game of cricket so much. I never watched it so seriously but I used to watch it whenever I need some entertainment. Recently world t20 tournament took place and I supported West Indies team. I do not belong to West Indies but yet I love their team because when they won the world T20 tournament in the year 2012 their captain Darren Sammy spoke about Jesus Christ during the final prize distribution.

I know Darren Sammy is a Christian but when he spoke openly about Jesus Christ I loved it and so this time also I wanted them to win the cup. When they reached Semi-Final of the tournament I was so happy. When I switched on the television to watch the match it was raining and West Indies were in the verge of defeat. I felt so bad but I expected a miracle to happen and went to sleep.

The next day morning I went through a cricket website so eagerly to find who had won the match. But it was Sri Lankan team who had won the match. As I was going through the talk of Sammy after that match I was so surprised to see the insight he gave for their team defeat. 

Sammy said, “We are a praying team, we know God normally answers our prayers but today, I guess two gentlemen [Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene] who have played for Sri Lanka, given a lot not only to Sri Lanka cricket but cricket on the whole, I guess the Almighty wants them to leave on a high, so I guess they have one more game to try and win a world cup and leave on a high. Probably that’s the reason why God put a hand in this match.”

I had never thought that someone could give a insight like this after they lost the match. Also the way he introduced themselves as a praying team made me believe that God will fulfil his words. 

This made me to eagerly wait for the final match. The final match was between Sri Lanka and India. India started strongly but they could not finish it well and finally Sri Lanka chased the target set by India so comfortably and won the match. What really surprised me was Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardene played well in that final match and they left the T20 cricket on a high note as said by Sammy.

Even an Indian batsman and man of the tournament Virat Kohli told after the match that Darren Sammy was right as God was really smiling on the Sri Lankan team. 

How could Sammy accurately give an insight about their defeat and the final match? The reason that I believe is what he said about them. He said that they were a praying team. As an individual he was a praying guy. He has the habit of standing before God as Elijah and Elisha said. 

My dear young friends, if you spend more time on praying in God’s presence, Jesus Christ can make you shine. He can make you to stand as a victor in your worldly life and Spiritual life. Remember prayer is the key to your success. Whatever be your desire or problem. Just go to God in prayer and tell Him everything. Jesus Christ will bless you and make you a blessing. 

“Men and women are needed whose prayers will give to the world the utmost power of God; who will make His promises to blossom with rich and full results. God is waiting to hear us and challenges us to bring Him to do this thing by our praying. He is asking us, to-day, as He did His ancient Israel, to prove Him now herewith." Behind God's Word is God Himself, and we read: "Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, his Maker: Ask of me of things to come and concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands, command ye me." As though God places Himself in the hands and at the disposal of His people who pray - as indeed He does. The dominant element of all praying is faith, that is conspicuous, cardinal and emphatic. Without such faith it is impossible to please God, and equally impossible to pray.” – E.M. Bounds, Weapon of Prayer.

Stand before Jesus Christ daily. You will be a blessing to many. God bless you


No comments:

Post a Comment