QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, April 17, 2014

IF YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST, YOU WILL NOT PERISH



“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Most of us know about the life of David. David was called by God to be a mighty king. God had chosen him and set him high among the entire Israelites. But one day David fell in sin with Bathsheba and killed her husband Uriah. God’s wrath can be understood through the prophetic words spoken by Nathan, the prophet. 

There was one verse which touched my heart. It is found in 2 Samuel 12:13.
“So David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die.”

My dear young friends, you are chosen by God. You know very well that God had called you for a purpose. You know your calling. But yet you are struggling to come out of your sinful activities. You feel guilty but yet you are repeating the same thing again and again. 

These days you are thinking that there is no more forgiveness for you and you feel that you can’t fulfill God’s purpose in your life. 

Today Jesus Christ is speaking to you. He says to you that you will not perish for He is putting away your sins. 

All you have to do is hold onto God’s hand from now on and walk according to God’s counsel.

There was a young teen guy who got addicted to homosexuality. When he realized that he is doing a great sin, he was deep into it. No one around him knows that he was a homosexual. Everyone thought about him as a holy person but yet he had this sinful behaviour in secret. Whenever he commits this sin, soon after that he will pray to God that he won’t do it again.

This he did for several days and months. Years passed but there was no change in his attitude. As guilt begun to overpower his mind, he cried to Lord desperately for His strength and help.

Jesus Christ heard his prayers and gave him His strength to overcome the sin. Every day as he looked onto God for His counsel, Jesus Christ took hold of his hand and led him out of that behaviour. One fine day he felt so happy to realize he was completely out of that sin. But yet he was worried that whether God will use him for His glory.

Jesus Christ had never cast him away. He transformed that young guy’s life and today He is using him for His glory. 

My dear young friends, you might also be struggling with some bad habits and you do not know the way of escape. Today you have to know that Jesus Christ is the way of escape. 

If you look to Him for help, Jesus Christ will never cast you away. He will give you His strength and will lift you up. 

Today Jesus Christ says to you, “My dearest child, you will not perish in this sinful habit and you will not perish because of this sin. I know your anguish and anxiety. I will put away your sins and will set you free. I love you so much. Since you are precious in my sight, I will honour you. You will live for My glory.”

“For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." - John 3:17

Jesus Christ came into this world not to condemn you but to save you through Him. Come to Jesus Christ and you will be saved. If you believe in Him you will not perish. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment