QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, April 24, 2014

RELATION AND RELATIONSHIPS - 5 ( DO NOT MOCK AT OTHERS)



“Drive out the mocker, and out goes strife; quarrels and insults are ended.” – Proverbs 22:10

Recently on Good Friday I visited my brothers’ house. In the evening I had a chance to be with the children of my eldest brother. His son was 7 years old and his daughter was 5 years old. My eldest brother went to meet a doctor with his wife and his son. So I and my elder brother were playing with his 5 year old daughter. She was so happy to play with us and she was telling lot of stories to us. 

At one point of time she was talking about a cartoon movie and she could remember all the characters of that movie. As she was talking about that I asked her about some Biblical characters and then I asked whether she pray to Jesus daily.

She could not lie to me by saying yes and so she didn’t spoke anything. After a few seconds she started to answer my question with a reason saying, “In my house...” Before she completed the sentence my elder brother made a funniest remark on my eldest brother using her words. 

It was a funniest remark and so we both laughed. We never thought what she will think and so we laughed loudly. Suddenly she became angry and said, “You people are making fun of me and my dad. So you people are not the children of Jesus and you both will go to hell.”

Saying these words, she left the room with anger and went to my parents who were in the other room. After few minutes my eldest brother returned and she ran to him and told all that happened and again said that we will go to hell.

My eldest brother knows the way we used to make fun of each other and so he tried to calm down his 5 year old daughter but her anger never got reduced on that night. 

We never had any intention to hurt her but our mockery led her to get angry. Since she is a little child she forgot that incident the very next day and spoke to my elder brother in a normal way. Since I returned to my place the same night in which she got angry I could not speak to her. 

There were times in our life we make fun of other people and provoke their anger. Bible says that when a mocker goes out, strife will also go out. When he leaves quarrels and insults will end.

Remember if you mock at others you might become a reason for quarrel and strife. Your words might insult others and that might lead to a severe wound in their heart. So do not ever mock at someone.

If you are a child of Jesus Christ, you should put an end to that habit today itself. Do not be a reason for someone’s wound. You have to speak the words of peace to others and not the words of insult. 

In 2 Kings 2:23-25, we can read that some boys made mocking remarks at Elisha. Elisha got angry and he called down a curse on them. What happened when Elisha cursed them? Two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty two of the boys who made mocking remarks at Elisha.

If you join with a group of people to mock someone and if that particular person got hurt, you will have the effect of their curse in your life. So be careful in what you speak and what you do.

My dear young friends, if you want to have a peaceful relationship with someone, do not ever insult them and do not mock at them for any reason. Then your relationship will be filled with God’s peace and happiness. God be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment