QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, January 22, 2015

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 7 (GOD WILL PROTECT YOU IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES)



Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain.” – Psalm 127:1

Few months back my father got severe fever and cold. At that time my mom was with me taking care of my daughter and my father was in another city with my elder brother. Both my brother and sister in law were working and they leave home at 9 and return back around 5 in the evening.
As my father could not able to go to work on that day because of his health, he stayed back in home. Around 1:30 in the afternoon he called my mother and said that he is going to have some hot water. 

My father switched the gas cylinder to the ON position and he ignited the stove. As he was about to complete his work, my mom told him to keep the gas to the minimum position and then take the vessel from the stove. 

My father did the same and then he went to take rest in another room. The actual thing that happened was he kept the gas position to minimum but he forgot to switch off the stove. 

He slept for few hours and because of his old age he never remembered to put off the flame. My elder brother returned home around 5 in the evening and as he went to the kitchen to fetch some water he found that the flame was glowing in the minimum position. He then immediately switched off the gas. 

When we heard about that incident our heart filled with a great fear as we imagined what would have happened if that flame went off automatically. There is a greater chance of that since the gas knob was in a minimum position. If it might have happened the gas would have spread through the entire house and my dad would have surely failed to sense the smell as he was having severe cold. 

And we know that my elder brother has the habit of switching ON the light immediately when he enters the house. If these things happened we know it would have caused greater damage to the lives of my dad and my elder brother’s family. 

On the other side our heart was filled with a great thanksgiving as God protected our family on that day. He didn’t let the flame to go off for more than 3 hours. His hands protected us on that day. 

As I look back, I thank Jesus Christ for protecting the lives of my dad, my elder brother and my sister in law. We are alive only because of the grace and protection of Jesus Christ. 

My dear young friends, surrender your family members into the precious hands of Jesus Christ. He will protect everyone of your family member. You will not perish.

No comments:

Post a Comment