QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, January 5, 2015

STRAIGHTFORWARD - 2 (DO YOU OBEY GOD'S COMMAND?) TAKEN FROM A BOOK "FATHER OF FAITH MISSIONS, AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF HUDSON TAYLOR"



At one time I was preaching the good news of salvation through the finished work of Christ, when a man of middle age stood up and gave witness of his salvation and his faith in the power of the Gospel. 

“I have long looked for the truth,” he said, “as my fathers did before me, but I have never found it. I have been far and near, but without having it. I have found no rest in Confucianism, Buddhism or Taoism; but I do find rest in what I have heard here tonight. From now on, I am a believer in Jesus.”

This man was a leading official of a group of Buddhists in Ningpo, China. A short time after his confession of faith, there was a meeting of the group for which he had at one time been responsible. I went with him to that meeting. To the ones who once worshiped with him, he told about the peace he had received in believing. Soon after this, one of his friends was saved and baptised. Both are now in heaven. The first of these two continued to preach the good news of great joy. A few nights after he was saved, he asked how long this Gospel had been known in England. We told him we had known it for hundreds of years.

“What!” said he, surprised. “Is it possible that for hundreds of years, you have known about the good news and have only now come to preach it to us? My father looked for the truth for more than twenty years and died without having it. Oh, why did you not came sooner?”

Many people have died since that sad question was asked. But how many might repeat the same question today? ...Millions...have gone...without the hope of salvation. How long shall this continue and the words of Jesus, (Go into all the world and preach the gospel...) "to every person," go without being obeyed?

No comments:

Post a Comment