QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, January 17, 2015

WHATEVER GOD ASKS YOU TO DO, DO IT QUICKLY



“...So Jesus told him, “What you are about to do, do quickly.” – John 13:27

Judas was the one who was chosen by Jesus to be one of the twelve disciples. But yet for thirty pieces of silver he decided to betray Jesus. Earlier Jesus had warned, The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.” (Matthew 26:24)

Judas never bothered about the warning of Christ and he decided to betray Him. Jesus knew what Judas was going to do. When the time of betrayal came, Jesus said to Judas, “What you are about to do, do quickly.” 

Jesus Christ wanted Judas to do quickly what he intended to do. Judas was not going to do a blessed thing but yet Jesus wanted him to do it quickly so that God’s will might get fulfilled. 

You know very well that God has a purpose upon your life. That purpose is for God’s glory. You are called to do good for the glory of God but yet you are not doing that as God expects you to do. You never know when an opportunity will end. God has given everything you needed to do His will and His ministry. Today Jesus Christ tells you to do the goodness quickly.

You might have fought with someone else and carry bitterness in your heart. You are saying to yourself that you will forgive them and talk to them later. You might want to share God’s gospel with someone but because of some hesitation you think that you will do later. 

You know you are called to do God’s work but now you are happy with the sinful things. You think within yourself that you will enjoy the pleasures and then you will do God’s work later. Today Jesus Christ speaks to you. He says, “This is the time. What you are called to do, do it quickly.”

God wants you to do His work quickly. He wants you to share His gospel with others quickly. He wants you to come out of the sinful life quickly. He wants you to forgive others quickly. He wants you to things for His glory quickly. 

Today I went to purchase certain things and I was returning in a bike. I took a shortcut in which there won’t be much traffic. As I was riding the bike I saw a very old man standing by the side of the road and asking something to everyone who crosses him. His dresses were dirty and he was tired. As he saw me coming towards him, he lifted both of his hands and asked something. 

I didn’t stop and I crossed him. As I continued my ride, I felt that I did something wrong and so I decided to turn back to help that old man. As I was about to turn back I saw a man riding in a bike with that old man behind him. I felt ashamed of my behaviour and I followed them. As that man was riding, he patiently spoke with that old man and enquired him where he should take him. The old man showed the way and soon he dropped him in the place where he asked him to stop and went on his way. 

I felt sad about what I did. Being a child of Jesus Christ, I should have done what the other man has done. I thought no one will help him and so I took time to turn back. I failed to do the goodness quickly. At the end someone got that blessing and went away. 

My dear young friends, God wants you to do His will and His work quickly. Time is not longer as you think. Turn back to God. Surrender your life to Him completely. Start doing His work according to His will. Whatever God asks you to do, do it quickly. When you do that, you will be blessed and through you many will be blessed. God wants you to be a blessing to others. This is the time to do God’s work and so do it quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment