QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, February 5, 2015

ENCOURAGE ONE ANOTHER AND BUILD EACH OTHER



Therefore encourage one another and build each other up...” – 1 Thessalonians 5:11

As I wrote in the previous article, when I saw the large group of people going as foot pilgrimages one thing surprised me a lot. Most of them never carried even a water bottle. I wondered how they will manage without water as they walk so many miles. 

I found the answer very soon. As I was travelling, I saw few people in a particular area put up a stall to give juices for those who walk to that temple city. I could see stalls like this at regular intervals of distance. 

Few idol temples arranged for small Tiffin with hot coffee for those who travel through their way as foot pilgrimages. One such temple has put several chairs in front of their place for the pilgrims to take rest for a short time. When I saw all the arrangements that have been done by several other people I was surprised to see their unity.

The pilgrims were going to see a false idol which they think were God but even in that journey they were supported by so many people and so many organizations. 

We have to analyze ourselves that how we are encouraging our fellow believer to grow in Christ. We meet someone who is struggling to grow in Spiritual life. What we are doing in such situations? Instead of encouraging them, we point out their mistakes and increase their guilt feelings. 

They know their mistakes and the way they committed the wrong thing. They also knew that they are struggling. All they need is encouraging words, prayer and the way to come out. Do you encourage a fellow believer who is struggling? Do you provide the needs of your fellow believer when you find him wanting?

I have seen several churches coming against other churches. People from one particular denomination were speaking against those in other denominations. If we do like this how we will see revival in our nations? We ourselves put us in trouble and then we say that we are facing trials and bad days. Today God wants us to come out of all this things. He wants to send revival but we are the ones who are stopping that. We are accountable for several thousand souls who go like this as foot pilgrims seeking idols. 

If we do not rise for our living God then who will rise? If we have to glorify God through our lives, we should learn to encourage one another and love one another. Encourage your fellow believer to grow in God. Share Gospel with others. Love others even as they are weak. God will use you for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment