QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

RELATION & RELATIONSHIPS - 9 (SIMPLE GESTURE CAN TOUCH YOUR LOVED ONES HEART)



“With all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love - Ephesians 4:2



When my wife was pregnant, I took her for walking on a particular evening. There was a main road near to our home and we went on that route. The end of the road was not even as it had a curvy structure. My wife was walking on that corner and I was walking on the road. Many bikes and cars crossed us and at times my wife gets down from the road and then she used to walk on the corner. 

As we were walking, I saw a lady few metres away. She crossed the road and suddenly looked at my wife. She saw the way my wife was walking on the edge of the road and then she saw her baby bump. Then she smiled at my wife and signalled her to get off from the edge and walk on the plain surface. She didn’t speak a word but with a loving smile she signalled her to go safe. 

We didn’t knew that lady and she doesn’t know us but her small gesture that she showed on that day touched my heart and I still remember it even after so many months. She showed her love through a simple gesture. 

Few weeks back we went with our little daughter for vaccination to a children hospital. At that time our daughter had a small problem and my wife told about that to the doctor. He listened to that very patiently and told a method to follow. We agreed but again he was in deep thought thinking about the problem we told and then suddenly he placed his hand on our daughter’s head and prayed for her within few seconds and blessed her. Then he told us everything will be alright and don’t worry. 

He was a doctor. We told him the problem and he told us the method to solve it. We are fine with that itself but then when he prayed and blessed our daughter, he touched our heart through his action rather than words. He was the chief doctor in that children hospital and my daughter is one among many children whom he will meet daily. But yet he cared for her as if she will care for her own daughter. His gesture touched my heart and I decided to consult him alone as long as God permits me to do so. 

The two people about whom I wrote above were not our relatives. I do not know what is their religion or background but yet they took a minute to show us that they do care and love us. If two strangers can do that how much more we have to do to our loved ones?

My dear young friends, you have to bear one another in love. Your simple gesture has the power to touch the heart of others. The simple things that you do for your loved ones will strengthen your relationship. Show your love through the way you care for them. God will give you His wisdom and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment