QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, February 9, 2015

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 7 (GOD WILL FULFILL YOUR HEART'S DESIRE)



“If I say, ‘My foot slips,’ Your mercy, O Lord, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.” – Psalms 94:18, 19.

Once I completed my B.Tech degree in the year 2005, I thought I will join PG degree in the same government college where I completed my B.Tech degree. I prayed and wrote the entrance examination to join PG engineering degree. I failed in that entrance exam. So my parents prayed and decided to put me in a private engineering university.

It was a Christian university and so I was very happy to join there. When I joined there I was so surprised to see a large number of students gathering in an auditorium for Prayer assembly. As I studied there I saw so many people preaching God’s word with authority.

Slowly I got a desire to stand in big auditoriums to preach God’s word. Days passed by. My desire to preach God’s word in big auditoriums increased a lot. There were times I used to go to any one of those auditorium for few functions. 

When I go there, I used to stand in front of the podium and imagine that I was standing and preaching in front of a packed house. I have done that for several times. Then as God started to use me for His glory in small ways, I thought my desire will get fulfilled very soon.

But at one instant I left God and fell in sin. I was away from God for few years and when I recognized that my heart was filled with guilt. God gave His grace to me and removed the guilt from my heart. Again the path of God’s will seemed so difficult for me. It took few more years to get back to God’s will.

Likewise I wasted so many years and God was so patient with me throughout those years. He gave me His grace and also the lost blessings. When God started to use me again in few village churches and in a prayer centre, I thought God will open a way for me to speak in the auditorium also.

But it never happened. Though I know I was the reason for not getting an opportunity to speak in those auditoriums, I had a great longing in my heart to speak there. I prayed several times to God to open the closed doors and give me an opportunity to share His word. 

I wanted everything to happen so fast. But God was so patient. I thought I will never get an opportunity to preach in auditoriums. When those thoughts came into my mind it had hurt me a lot because that was my desire and longing for so many years.

God had different plans. Recently Jesus Christ made me to stand and preach in a packed auditorium. I know for sure that I am not worthy at all. I am not a great preacher but Jesus Christ made it possible through His grace. He started to fulfil my desire and longing that I had carried in my heart for so many years and I believe that He will use me for His glory in the coming days also.

I looked back at my past and felt sad but Jesus Christ had never looked back at my past. My dear young friends, Jesus Christ always look at the plan that He has for you and not your past days. 
As I look back, from the bottom of my heart I thank God for fulfilling my heart’s desire and longing.

No comments:

Post a Comment