QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND HE WILL COME TO YOU



“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength." - Deuteronomy 6:5

Day before yesterday I was travelling in a bus returning back to my place. It was a long journey of nearly 400Kms. As I was travelling during the day time I felt so tired. On the way bus reached a city which is popular for a particular temple. From that place I have to travel more than 100Kms and even in bus I felt it was a very long journey. 

Yesterday as I was going to my work place, I found a large group of people getting ready to go to that particular temple city as foot pilgrimages. I could not believe that at all. The distance from my workplace to that temple city was 125Kms. I could not sit in the bus itself for that much distance. But these people were walking to that city just to worship an idol.

When I returned from my work place at that night, I could see hundreds of people walking in the side of the road with so much happiness to that city. I do not know how many days it will take them to travel by feet to that city. But they were so happy about what they are doing. 

To worship an idol they are walking several kilometres with so much joy and happiness. Our God is a living God who never asks us to walk such distance to worship Him. 

All He asks us to do is to love Him with all our heart, mind, soul and strength. Do we love our God with all our heart? Do we go to church with so much of happiness or do we go to church just for the sake of going?

Your love upon God should be far greater than those who love an idol. Do we love our God more than the way they do?

You are worshipping a living God. Today Jesus Christ wants you to love Him truly with all your heart. He wants you to do His will alone in your life. He wants you to glorify Him through your life. He wants you to set aside everything and come to Him leaving all the worldly pleasures. 

Jesus Christ said in John 14:23, “...If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

If you say that you love God, you have to keep His word. You should do what He asks you to do. You should give your life into His hands. 

My dear young friends, love God with all your heart. If you do so, He will come to you and He will bless you abundantly. Surrender your life to Him completely. Jesus Christ will do mighty things through your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment