QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, June 18, 2016

BOOK REVIEW - 11 (YOUTH ARISE AND SHINE BY PARAMESWARI ARUN)



Once my elder brother attended a spiritual meeting and he was touched by the message delivered by the speaker. So he came and told me about the speaker who is the author of this book. I also heard her messages few times and was blessed. When we heard that she had written a book we were so eager to read that. 

Usually in her messages she quotes incidents from her own life as examples. Even in this book she had shared many of the incidents that had happened in her life, the struggles she faced and how God spoke to her and led her personally.

As she is working among the young people, she had very well understood the trials, temptations, thoughts and troubles they face and she had wrote about those in detail. She knew young people don’t like advices and but yet God led her beautifully to write one separate chapter on correction and advices.

“Correction is needed in our lives. God uses parents, elders, teachers and our friends to correct us. Such people are placed by God to mold, shape and bring us to a place where God wants us to be. When you heed, you will be a blessing for yourself and for others to bring glory to your creator. Believe me! These people are placed by God. Their corrections might be painful. But the truth is that they are important people who would shape you into perfection.”(Page 217)

Starting from loneliness, relationships, sins, and hurt, she had explained the effects of each and everything in one’s life and the way it can be overcome. In most of the books I had read no one has written about sleep. But personally God had already taught me how important sleep is. I was surprised to see a separate chapter on sleep in this book and it will be really helpful.

Everything she had written was supported by in depth statistics that happened around the world. Though the statistics part seems to be lengthy at times, I believe it will be useful for us to understand the real effect of that particular problem. 

When she quoted her own life experiences she had never projected herself as holy person. She had openly written about the insecurity she had once in her mind, her weakness and struggles which many young people could easily relate to and get blessed. 

One could understand her spiritual experience as she had quoted several Bible verses at the apt places. Also her experience in research and Chemistry was revealed in certain places where she had provided some in depth analysis and chemical reactions that happen behind certain hormones.

If you are entering into teen age, I recommend that you should get this book and read it once which will be helpful to you in all aspects. Parents and elder ones, you can read this book to understand the trials and problems your children face and this book will be definitely useful to counsel the younger ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment