QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

THE THOUGHTS OF YOUR PAST MISTAKES SHOULD ONLY REMIND YOU ABOUT GOD'S LOVE AND FORGIVENESS - TAKEN FROM A BOOK TITLED 'YOUTH ARISE AND SHINE' WRITTEN BY MRS.PARAMESWARI ARUN



Little Tim was so fascinated and curious about the way his mother uses the knife in the kitchen. Many a time he tried to use the knife, but was rebuked by his mother, saying he might get hurt. One particular day when mother was away, he took the knife from kitchen table, started imitating his mother, unfortunately he cut his hand and started bleeding.

His father and mother took him to hospital, got him treated and he became better after few days. He hugged his parents and said “sorry” for his mistake. Parents also said that they have forgiven him. Tim grew up, started going to school. When he was in 4th grade, one evening came from his school, ran towards his parents and asked them, “Did you forgive the mistake that I did by taking a knife and playing six years ago?” Parents were surprised with his question. Together they said, “Yes we have forgiven and forgotten that incident also?

He looked at them and said, “If you have forgiven me why do I still have this big scar on my hand. When I look at the scar I remember my sin and I feel very sad and guilty about my disobedience.” The godly parents of Tim answered their child saying, “Tim, the scar should not remind you of your sin or disobedience. The scar should remind you of your parents’ forgiveness.”

When you are reminded of your past mistakes or sins, confess this:
“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.” – Romans 8:1,2

The scar, the thought of your past mistakes, should not remind about guilt, but remind you of God’s mercy and provision that we have in Christ Jesus.

The scar, the thought of your past mistakes, should remind you to be grateful to God, who took and bore your punishment which you ought to have borne.

The scar, the thought of your past mistakes, should remind you to be faithful to the One who has forgiven and forgotten your sins and released you from the punishment.

The scar, the thought of your past mistakes, should remind you to give you a strong determination, never to commit the same but only please God and God alone.

The scar, the thought of your past mistakes, should remind you to have fear of God and to burn with zealous feeling to live for God.

The scar, the thought of your past mistakes, should not make you feel guilty anymore.

Your confessed sins are forgiven and forgotten by your creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment