QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

LOOKING BACK (WITH THANKS) - 10 (GOD'S ABUNDANCE GRACE IN MY PARENTS MARRIAGE LIFE)



“So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” – Matthew 19:6

Recently my parents have entered into 40th year of their marriage life. As a family we have gone through so many tough times but God helped us in everything. God sustained their marriage life and I had learnt so many things from their life.

As a small boy I had seen my father getting angry for everything. He was addicted to smoking and used to beat my mother at times. I was so little at that time. My mother always put me before my father when he gets angry because he loves me a lot and so when he sees me, he won’t go to any extreme step. 

All through those times, my mom was so patient and cried a lot to God. She had never shared much of her problems even to her mother. For many months my father was jobless and none of our relatives came to help. I could say God provided everything to us even in those difficult times.

Years passed and God helped my father to come out of all the bad habits. God also gave him a good job. We started to grow in the relationship with God. Everything went well and suddenly my father got seriously ill. We feared that he might die at anytime and again God heard our prayers and healed my father. 

The management to which my father was working doesn’t like him much and so they had filed a false case in his name. They said my father has to pay 7 crore rupees and at that time my father salary was less than five thousand rupees. The owners of that company wanted to arrest my father and torture him for no reason. During those times I was in my teen age and whenever I see a police man I fear a lot thinking they might come and arrest my father. 

My mother taught us to pray a lot for my father and we cried to God and looked Him for help. Graciously God relieved my father from that case and he was proved innocent. 

At times my parents used to throw words at each other in anger. Certain nights when I hear them fighting I fear they might get separate. But when the sun rises they behave so normal as if nothing had happened between them the previous night. They forgive each other so quickly and move on without pondering about what has happened. 

When my mother got cancer, my father stood behind her side and helped her in all possible ways. Though my father never expressed his love upon my mother openly, he always tells me how he treasure her relationship and how blessed he is to have her in his life.  Even now when my mother comes and stays in my home for few days, my father used to tell me that he feels so lonely without her.

I can personally say that it was because of God’s grace they were alive today. God has carried them so wonderfully so far and made them to enter into 40th year. 

Few things I had learnt from their relationship and want to share it with you:

1.      Always look to God for your every need. Men will fail but God will never fail you.
2.      Try to raise your children in Godly values and teach them to seek God for everything.
3.      Even when you fight with each other, ask sorry quickly and move on.
4.      Do not hate your life partner at any time.
5.      Give some time to your life partner to get into right direction and during this course, do pray for her/him.
6.       When any one of you speaks in anger, do not try to answer it in the same tone. Listen patiently and once their anger goes down, talk to them. Do not argue unnecessarily.
7.      Most importantly, pray a lot for your spouse so that you will stay united.
8.      Do not cheat your spouse by getting into unnecessary relationships.
9.   When you face difficulties, stay together.

I thank God for their life and the way He had led them so beautifully all this years. Because of God’s abundant grace in my parents family life, we their children were richly blessed today. 

My dear young friends, if you are married, do submit your relationship into God’s hands and look to Him for everything. He will lead you, guide you and protect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment