QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, June 13, 2016

WHEN YOU GO THROUGH TOUGH TIMES, DO NOT SPEAK ANYTHING AGAINST GOD



Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.” – Psalm 56:3

In Job chapter 1 we read about the life of Job. He was blameless and led an upright life before the sight of the Lord. He was blessed with everything. But one day he had lost all his properties and his children. Everything was taken away from him all in a sudden. 

On that day his children were feasting in their oldest brother’s house. A wind came and struck all the corners of the house and it fell on everyone. Only one servant escaped and brought the information to Job when someone else was speaking about another tragedy.

Bible records that in Job 1:18,19 “While he was still speaking, another also came and said, “Your sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house, and suddenly a great wind came from across the wilderness and struck the four corner of the house, and it fell on the young people, and they are dead; and I alone have escaped to tell you!"

What would be the thought of Job when he heard all that happened on that day? One came to him and said that oxen and donkeys were taken away by Sabeans. When he was speaking another came and told that fire fell and killed all the sheeps and the servants. Another came and told that camels were taken away by Chaldeans. 

When everything of his were taken away, he might have thought that atleast his children were alive. Then came someone running and told him that all his children were died and he alone has escaped from that tragedy. 

Job might have had some comfort if that one person who escaped was one of his children. But yet he could not have that little comfort also. As a father he might have wanted atleast one of his children to live but he lost everything. 

He had a great sorrow but Bible says that he did not sin nor charge God with wrong. 

In the previous week all in a sudden I was told that my cousin brother died. He is my mother’s younger sister second son and he is one year younger than me. My aunt has lost her husband when this boy was less than a year old. In his childhood itself he had some problem in his heart. Being a widow and no one to support her, my aunt raised her children with so many struggles. 

She had great faith in God and used to pray so earnestly for everything. Few years back he got serious trouble in his heart and underwent surgery in a big hospital. Many thought that he will die at that time as his body was so weak but yet God healed him completely and within few months he went back to his daily routine. 

But then last week he got severe breathing problem and my aunt could not take him to a hospital immediately. When she took him to a hospital his problem got severe and he died within few hours. 

Though she struggled to raise him, she never complained anything about her hardships. The most she loved in this world was her younger son. He was her world. She had great desire about his future. He celebrated his 30th birthday last month. She thought everything will change for good but yet he died.

When I heard that news I was shaken and even today I could not bear that sorrow. My aunt is still crying and she could not come out of that pain. But for the past few days as I watch her, she had never spoken anything against God. Though she is struggling she had kept her trust in God. 

My dear young people, when you go through troubles and great sorrow, do not speak against God. Just trust God. I believe that God has taken my cousin brother for a reason. Though we can’t understand it now, we knew that it is for good. 

God will do only good to you. So trust God at all times and praise Him. Do not murmur. You will receive God’s blessing in His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment