QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

CLING ONTO THE UNCHANGING GOD IN THIS CHANGING WORLD


Few days back I had went to my native place to meet one of my close relative. We as a family left our native place when I was 8 years old. We lived in our own house in a street where only few houses was there. When I was a kid we used to travel in cycle rickshaw and it used to be a great joy to me on those days. When I went this time to my place I searched for cycle rickshaw but I could not find it easily. Cycle rickshaw stands were turned into auto rickshaw and taxi car stands.

After much struggle I went and found a old man with his cycle rickshaw. I went to my relative’s house in cycle rickshaw and as I entered the street in which we lived so many years ago I could not recognize that street at all. That street was packed with houses and it looked like a small street. Then I understood that as the years progressed world around us kept changing. Cycle rickshaw was once the popular way of rental transport. Now that was vanished and it was replaced by auto and then by call taxis. So many things that we saw years ago was not the same today. Then I understood that the world we are living in was changing rapidly.

Recently few weeks back I heard the news that the digital age has brought closure on over 160 years of telegram history in India. I remembered that when I was a kid suddenly the postman will deliver a small chit to our family. It will be carrying a simple sentence stating that someone has expired. I don’t even know the meaning of the word ‘expired’ on those days. But seeing that simple sentence my mom and dad will quickly make us get ready and we will be soon on a journey somewhere. On those ages I loved journeys and so I loved telegram even when it carried a bad news. Now they say that the telegram history had come to an end.

The advancement in technology brought an end to the history of a technology which was popular once. At times when we want to communicate to our relatives we used to book a trunk call and someone will connect the call after sometime and only then we can talk to them. Even at that time we could not speak much because the call cost will be too high. Now landline was replaced by mobiles; letters were replaced by emails and simple talks were replaced by short messages. Nowadays every facility is just one touch away from us. When I saw all these things I understood that the technology we know was also changing rapidly.

One side technology is changing and other side world is changing. Not only was that but people around us also changing. I know a girl who told a guy that he was her world and life but within years she went away from him leaving him all alone. Her love upon him changed once she found someone better than him.

Everything and everyone around is changing. How could we move on in this changing world with changing technologies and changing people?

My dear young friends, everything around you might be changing and loved ones behaviour around you might also be changing. Do not get discouraged. Amidst all these changes we have One who is unchanging.

“For I am the Lord, I do not change; therefore you are not consumed...” – Malachi 3:6

Things and people around you might change but you have God who is unchanging. He says that He will not change.

Bible tells us in Hebrews 13:8, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.”

Jesus Christ will never change. His faithfulness upon your life will never change. His grace upon you will never change. The promises that He gave you will never change. His love upon you will never change. His relationship with you will never change. You have a God who will never change. He is same yesterday and today. He will be the same forever.

My dear young friends, if you need peace, comfort and blessings in this changing world, you have to cling onto the unchanging God. To cope up with the changes around you, cling onto Jesus Christ who is the unchanging God. If you cling onto Jesus Christ no change will affect you. Jesus Christ is calling you today.

“He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:24

Come to Jesus Christ and surrender your life to Him today. You will be blessed. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment