QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, July 13, 2013

NO ONE CAN BE SO FAITHFUL LIKE JESUS CHRIST - TESTIMONY OF MS. MELINDA CHARLET


I’m doing my Pre Final year engineering (B.Tech-ECE) at a Christian engineering university. From the time Jesus entered my heart, my life had started to change. My elder brother-Derrick was an alumnus of the same Christian engineering university in which I am currently studying.

As his sister I know how that university was a blessing in his life. I too desired to study in the same university in which my brother studied. But from the time I told my mom about it, we had arguments. I was born and brought up so conservatively, that my mother never wants to put me in hostel. I tried my best to get her permission, but it never happened. Somewhere inside my heart I still had that desire, but I did not ask my mom after that.

To make everything worse we meet with a terrible accident on 4th July 2010. A vehicle came in between and our car got hit in roadside. I was sitting in the front and car got hit in my side. I was completely surrounded by glass pieces. The dash board of the car broke and came towards me. My seating broke and went front. I was caught up in between. I was in a state of shock for a little time. I had a cut on my throat, but that was not deep. I had a cut close to my left eye. Doctors said I would have lost my vision if that cut was little nearer. I had a big cut on my chest, but that was also not that serious. I had a kind of fracture in my finger, but that was a bone twist. If someone else would have been in my position, they would have lost their life, because our car was crushed like anything. Even the insurance company said they can do nothing with that car. Everybody who saw the car said that the person who sat in front must be dead. But Jesus shielded me and sustained me life.

 But very shockingly my mom who sat in back seat of car was injured badly. She underwent many operations. Her hip disc was broken and a nerve in her leg was cut. She suffered a lot. Doctors said she can never walk. She was completely bed ridden. My dad who is working in Kuwait came for an emergency leave. After 3 months, he could not continue his leave. My brother was in his final year of his Engineering. So I was in a position to discontinue my education and help my mom. I was doing my 12th standard that time. Though I was broken inside, I was ready to make this sacrifice.

After few days, they send me to school. That was the first time I used to be physically present and mentally absent. My mind was in hospital thinking about my mom. Times when we were free in school, I would be crying. My mind was completely deviated. Usually I’ll be so active in all my classes, so my teachers found the difference in me and advised me to concentrate in academics. As days went by there was improvement in my mom’s health. One day God healed her completely when she was listening to a Christian song. Till now medical report says, she cannot walk. But my mom is hail and healthy till the very moment.

I thought I won’t complete my 12th standard successfully. But by the grace of God, I scored 88.08% in my +2 and I topped my school in Computer Sciences with 97%. After that my mom admitted me in a college which is near to my home. It was not a reputed college, but still I was happy that I finished my 12th standard and somehow going to do engineering. As a daughter I felt it was my duty to be with my mom and take care of her. She even paid the advance fees of my engineering course in that college. 

Few days passed by, my mom asked herself came to and asked “Are you ready to join the Christian engineering university in which your brother studied?” I was in shock whether I’m in dream or reality. My parents said God spoke to them and now they are convinced. There came one time when I gave up about studying in the Christian engineering university in which my brother studied, but Lord never gave up. It is He who gave the desire and He fulfilled it. Now I’m doing my pre final year in Electronics and Communication in the same University and I’m blessed beyond measure.

In the earlier days of my school, I thought I had no talent. Because my dad is a musician; my mom is a singer; my brother is both a musician and singer. I’m neither a musician nor a great talent singer. I thought to be talented is just to be a musician and singer, because my entire family was like that. But later I identified that I had a talent in English differently. From the time I identified my talent, Lord fulfilled all my desires. I’ve delivered many speeches, orations, read news in stages and also compeered functions in presence of Political heads. Also Lord gave me the grace to write poems and articles. When I started growing spiritually, I had a small desire to translate Lord’s messages. My Lord was faithful to even fulfil that desire of mine. Earlier I thought why I’m different from my family. But when God started using me in ministry, I found the purpose and importance of my talent in speech. Now I’m happy and proud to be unique.

Jesus never fails to fulfil even my smallest desire and my prayers. All my desire is to spend the best of my youth for Christ and I thank God for all the opportunities. God has a plan for my life and as I surrendered my life to Him, He is perfecting everything in His time. All glory to my sweet and loving Jesus.

Even today you might be broken because things didn’t work out in the way you desired. But just commit your life to Jesus; your life will be perfected. The same Jesus, who helped me, can help you also in your difficulties. Never be discouraged.

Philippians 1:6 says “Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.” Only He can be faithful. Jesus will take you to greater heights if you believe in Him. Trust Jesus and be blessed. God Bless You Richly!

No comments:

Post a Comment