QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, December 25, 2014

GIVE WHAT YOU HAVE FOR THE GLORY OF GOD AND SHOW GOD'S LOVE TO OTHERS - CHRISTMAS SPECIAL



“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

God gave His only Son for us because He loved us. He gave all that He had so that we might be blessed. That is the reason we celebrate Christmas today. God showed His love that He has upon us by giving His only son. 

1 John 4:9 says, “In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.” 

God thought about our well being and so He gave His Son for us. He showed His love by giving the One whom He loved so much. Today on the day of Christmas we have to think that whether we are demonstrating God’s love to others by giving what they need.

I know a young girl who earns 12,000 Rupees per month. Her family depends on what she earns. Out of her salary she used to give 10 percent tithe. As she stays in a hostel she has to give rent also. So mostly she will be getting Rs.5000 per month for her living. 

Recently she met one girl who was so poor and needed some money urgently. She prayed for her and she felt strongly in her Spirit that she has to give Rs.5000 to her. That’s all the money she had for her own life in that month. But yet she gave it to her without any hesitation. That particular girl would have seen God’s love through her. She gave all that she had. 

I know another guy who accompanies me whenever I go outstation for Spiritual works. Ten days back few members of an organization gave some money to help poor people. So we together went to an old age home for giving them what they need. The guy who accompanied me earns nearly Rs.16000 and he had no father. His family also dependent on what he earns.  

He saw those old people and told me that he wants to do something. I didn’t give much thought to what he said. But two days after the visit, he called me and told me that he wants to give Rs. 5000 as Christmas gift to that old age home. I could not believe that because I know he needed much money during this Christmas season. But yet previous week he visited them again and gave the entire amount to them. 

I wonder how these two people willingly gave what they had to those need. All I know is they carry God’s love in their heart. 

In Bible we read about a widow who gave all that she had to the treasury. Jesus said about her in Mark 12:43,44, “...Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood.”

Jesus said that she had put in more than all other people. Though she gave little money, she gave it all to God. 

Those two young people gave all that they had because they were filled with God’s love. God loved us and so He gave His only begotten Son for us. This Christmas, dedicated yourself at God’s feet to be filled with His love so that you can show His love to others. Give to poor people and demonstrate God’s pure love through your deeds. God bless you all richly.

No comments:

Post a Comment