QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, March 15, 2014

BOOK REVIEW - 8 (MARRIAGE, DIVORCE AND REMARRIAGE BY KENNETH E. HAGIN)

When I was doing my PG degree I went to my college library to get some religious books. On that day I picked up a book on prayer written by Kenneth E. Hagin. Though I failed to read that whole book, I was amazed at the insights he got from God to write that book. From that day on I loved to read the books written by Bro. Kenneth E. Hagin.  

Being a married guy I thought this book will help me in some way to understand the problems that happen in a marriage life. As I started reading the first chapter of this book I felt touched by the three main perspectives from which Bro. Hagin started writing this book.

“First, I am writing as one who knows the pain of a broken home. My father abandoned the family when I was five years old. Second, I also write as one who knows the joys of a wonderful marriage. At the time of this writing, I have been married for sixty-two years. Third, I write as a minister of the Gospel, as one who is divinely commissioned to keep the word of God as the supreme guide and authority in all things.”

Starting from the reasons why he writes such book, he simply touches upon the lessons he learned through so many people life whom he had met in his 70 years of ministry. 

The insights he gave from the life of other people whom he had met was so profound and thoughtful. 

He also used scriptures to suggest how a husband and wife should behave in their homes to have a blessed marriage life. 

“The husband should give himself up for the wife, as Christ gave Himself up for the Church. And the wife should give herself up for her husband, as Christ also gave Himself up for the Church. That’s really walking in love and keeping the Lord’s commandments. As the husband and the wife give themselves to one another, they are laid on the altar of marriage. And the two become one in Christ, each living for and to bless the other.”

Not only that, he also suggested the practical problems of a marriage life.

“The problems of husbands and wives typically center around four things: 1. Religion, 2. Sex, 3. Money and 4. Children. One of the best ways to avoid problems in these four areas is to discuss them in detail before you get married.”

Whatever the steps he had wrote in this book, he explained them with the way how he implemented and got benefited in his own life. His own life experiences were really thought provoking.

I recommend this book strongly for those who believe in Christ. This book will clearly tell you whom you should marry and why you should not marry an unbeliever.

To those who were already married, this book will give you an insight to love your partner more than ever before. To those who got divorced, this book will guide you to take the next step in the light of God’s word.

Do read this book and get blessed. God bless you abundantly.

(Note: The passages in Italics were directly taken from the book)

No comments:

Post a Comment