QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, March 21, 2014

GOD WILL BE WITH YOU DURING TROUBLESOME MOMENTS AND HE WILL NEVER FORSAKE YOU - TESTIMONY BY MS. GENTLIN



PRAISE THE LORD.

I am Gentlin doing my 2nd year PG degree in Applied Electronics. I was born in a Christian family. My parents used to pray well and they ask me to do the same, but I was not interested because initially I felt I was forced to do it. 

Starting from my childhood I was weak in studies and used to fail in maths. During my 8th standard my father resigned his job and came for full time ministry, because God asked him to do through a vision. After which my life was upside down, we didn’t had proper basic needs like money, food, shelter and proper clothes. Due to this my friends started rejecting me during lunch breaks and in birthday celebrations. Even my neighbours and relatives started to tell that I am useless, fit for nothing and so on. 

I went for many maths tuitions where those people told my parents like, “Kindly stop your daughter studies in schooling stage itself”. Those harsh words, rejection, depression, and loneliness made me a very angry person. I hated everyone around me and especially my parents because I felt they didn’t love me. Days went on and when my board exam for secondary class was approaching, I was very frustrated because whatever we receive for us my parents used to give it to poor. So many times I yelled at them and worried a lot.

One day an aunt came to my house and gave me counsel and prayed. From that day on I felt some transformation inside me. I started to pray, study hard and to love others even when they hated me. Many changes were found in me because Christ has brought change within me. Then the results came and I scored 79%. It was purely by the grace of God and also God enabled me to score 190 marks out of 200 in my higher secondary board exam. 

After this my dad asked me to study in an Engineering university, as directed by God through a vision to him. Even though I didn’t like it when they told me, I felt if it’s God’s plan it would be the best than my own plan. So I obeyed God and went there. After that my life was totally changed and I was no more the old person. I have started to love my parents and also all around me. I started to sit in the presence of the Lord and cry at His feet for long time and these all made me to get closer to Him. 

Everything was fine and good, but a tragedy happened at the end my 1st year engineering course. All in a sudden I lost my mom because of a terrible accident. I was totally shattered. Just 2 years before that only I understood the true love of my parents and also showed my love to them. I was broken and everything changed within a moment. 

But I never went back or hated my Lord. I got good friends and wonderful staffs in the university which I studied. I thank God for them. I started to tell everyone that, “Jesus Christ is my mother.” Truly till now He is the one who is taking good care of me more than what my earthly mother could have done. I feel blessed to have God as my mother. 

Even then I walked through fires, waters, harsh winds during my 2nd 3rd and 4th year. I used to cry a lot for various reasons and so many people started to reject me. Then I understood that crying to others will bring nothing and so I decided to pour out my heart only to my Heavenly Father. God saw my tears and He wiped away my tears. He gave the real joy and happiness. 

Whatever I need even if it’s a small thing I started asking my Heavenly Father before asking my earthly dad. There were times I couldn’t pay my fees till the due date and I used to pray to Lord asking him to provide me my needs since he is a rich God and my father. He heard my prayers and He is so faithful to pay my fees till now. I praise God. 

With regard to my academics God has blessed me with good grades and also He has blessed me with a placement in a multi-national company before my course duration ended. When I got placed I was so happy jumping and felt like I am in seventh cloud and I praised God for that job. 

But God’s plan was different and He asked me to do PG course which I really hated to study. When I decided to obey His direction, everyone around me started telling that I was wasting a wonderful opportunity. Hearing those words I was very upset, but Lord promised me saying, “ I have been leading you till now and I am faithful to lead you in the days to come”.  

I obeyed and came back to the same Christian university to do my master degree. I hated my 1st year but God started to lift me higher and showed me the purpose He brought me back. I was a very shy person and also scared to face crowd and bad in communication, but God gave me opportunities to conduct prayers and give messages in English. I praise God for those wonderful days. During the last year of my PG course, projects were horrible to me because I worked hard for it day and night but at last minute I got no result. But my Lord who promised me, “You will not be forgotten by me” was so faithful that He helped me out at the last second. Jesus Christ had never put me to shame.

Recently He helped me share my testimony in front of nearly two thousand young people which I never really imagined in my life. 

I would like to encourage you all dear friends, whatever might be the pain you go through always trust and lean only on the Lord and do not trust anyone and not yourself too. His plans are the betterment of your life and He will give you what is best to you. Definitely you will not be forgotten by Him. 

(NOTE: GHG Team thank Ms. Gentlin for sharing her testimony. She is currently doing her end semester of her PG degree. May God bless her and her family members.)

No comments:

Post a Comment