QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Sunday, March 30, 2014

QUOTES ON TOP - 4



When God sees us engaged in one of life’s difficult battles, He doesn’t want us to give up. He is the Ruling Banker of the Universe and is ready and waiting to help us win. God doesn’t intend for us to lose and be destroyed by the storms in our life. He may not remove us from them immediately. In fact, we may be required to walk through some very difficult places. But we can be assured He will walk with us through every adversity. It is during these times of distress and affliction that we draw closer to Him. In suffering, we are privileged to be given a minute glimpse of Christ’s own pain and acquire a greater appreciation of His unequalled sacrifice when He died for us. Christ took up His cross when He was crucified, dying a torturous death that we might have eternal life. Each of us will, in reality, also have a cross to bear. It may be the cross of illness or of losing a loved one. It may be a financial cross or one of personal sacrifice. Will we be able to pick up ‘our’ cross and still follow Him? Are we able to live with misfortune in our life and still love the One who gave His life for us? Or will we blame Christ for the suffering that comes our way and turn our back on Him?
                                                       - Written By Sharon Abbott Morgan in the book titled “My Strength and My Song”.

No comments:

Post a Comment