QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, March 27, 2014

GHG - 18 (JESUS CHRIST WILL EVEN FULFILL YOUR HEART'S SIMPLE DESIRE)



“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.” – 1 John 5:14

When I went to attend the first class in my UG engineering degree course in a government college I felt that I was so different from others. Most of them who studied there were city toppers and they were neatly dressed on that day. I was wearing a long shirt with a round neck t-shirt inside.

Actually I was so lean at that time. No one in my family taught me how to dress. So I never had any idea about what to wear. Mostly I used to wear my eldest brother shirts. My shirt size was nearly 36 whereas his was 42. When I wear his shirts and go to my college everyone used to see me differently. And then when I saw some guys who were well built I got a desire to gain some weight. 

I ate different dishes but nothing happened. After few years I joined a college as a lecturer. The students whom I was very close used to say that I look like a student and not a teacher. One student told me that when I teach a topic in the class she sees like a stick which moves here and there. That was my condition. At that time my weight was close to 40 kg. 

One day I was sitting in a Spiritual meeting where a great servant of God was preaching. He was preaching in the topic of multiplication. As he was preaching he seriously told that God will increase your income, strength and so on. Suddenly he said that you will even notice increase in your physical body. After saying that he laughed and then said God will do that if you have faith. 

I immediately said that Lord I have faith and so please increase my weight. Holy Spirit led me to pray like that and after that one sentence prayer I felt a strong peace in my heart. Somewhere in my heart I felt that I had told my desire to God and so He will take care.

Within few years slowly I started to gain weight physically. Everyone around me was so surprised by the way I gained weight all in a sudden. The same students who told me that I was so lean were so amazed by the way I gained weight. Now everyone say that I was well built and even when I go and check my weight in the computerized machine it says slightly overweight. 

When you read this article you might feel like what is the big thing in this. To me who went through that path it was a big miracle done by God. It’s a simple desire I had for so many years in my heart. God fulfilled that desire of mine. I thank Jesus Christ for that.

My dear young friends, you might have any kind of desire in your heart. Just tell that to Jesus Christ in prayer.

You might like a girl or boy. You might like something. You might like to go to some place. You might like to be someone. 

Whatever might be your desire, tell those to Jesus Christ. If your desire is according to His will, He will surely fulfill it. He knows what is best for you and surely He will grant your heart’s desires. God bless you.

There were times I went through paths of humiliation and suffering. But God was so good to deliver me out of those problems. How I suffered and how God delivered me?

             -         To be continued in GHG - 19

No comments:

Post a Comment