QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

GOD'S PERFECT GIFT - 5 (GUNASEELAN RAJKUMAR - MY UNCLE WHO DIED DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY)

“The righteous perish, and no one takes it to heart; the devout are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.” – Isaiah 57:1-2

MY ELDER BROTHER'S FATHER IN LAW WHO LIVED A LIFE FOR GOD'S GLORY
My elder brother called me this Sunday (02-03-2014) at 11 A.M. I was so surprised to see him calling me at 11 A.M on Sunday because I know that he will be preaching God’s word in a village church every Sunday. I attended his call and with sad voice he told me that his Father-in-law died.

I could not believe that at all. Recently when I went to the city in which he lives I thought of meeting him but I told myself that I will meet him later this year. I never thought that he will die and so I could not accept that news.

Tears fell down my eyes on that day as I began to think how good he is. I met him in the year 2007 when my brother got married. In the first meeting itself I understood that he was a very loving person.


Though I could not spend much time with him I heard a lot about him through my brother.

Once he had a desire in his heart and with regard to that he shared his life experience and testimony with me for hours standing in the balcony of our house. I could not forget that day for the words he spoke showed his love upon God.

Actually when he was so young he got addicted to smoking, drinking and other bad habits. He was so far away from God and lived a life based on his own desires. In mid 90s he got a problem in his heart and he suffered a lot because of that.

During those times of suffering he surrendered his life completely to Jesus Christ and he never turned back. When he spoke with me on that day I sensed God’s presence in his words.

He faced so many trials, sufferings and hardships but as he learned to lean onto Jesus Christ he got the strength to overcome everything with joy. God allowed some trials in his life to make him understand about his love upon him.

He was actively involved in God’s work and for the past three months he was travelling to nearby places to preach God’s word. Even on this Sunday he was asked to preach in a church which was several kms away from his home.

He woke up at early morning and prayed for hours. Then with so much of joy in his heart he drove several kms singing glory to God.

I was told that as he stood for preaching God’s word, Holy Spirit used him so mightily and with loud voice he shared his testimony to the congregation and explained how Jesus Christ transformed his life. As he was sharing God’s word he told that he will live for Christ alone till his last breath. Once he finished saying that word, he fell down in the pulpit and died.

He had a great longing in his heart regarding God’s church. My brother told me that his father-in-law never went late to church. He will be in church well before the scheduled time. He helped so many people to build churches for the glory of God and he always gave more priority to God’s church. Jesus Christ saw his desire and so I think that He took his life in the church itself.
Though his death was a glorious one, I could not accept it. I feel guilty that I should have spoken to him at regular intervals. He came to my marriage and did all the things with love of a father. Though I loved him so much, I never showed it outside.

His life is a testimony to God’s mighty power. I thank Jesus Christ for transforming him to be a testimony for God’s glory. I also thank God for teaching me some valuable lessons through his life.


My dear young friends, we have only one life and let us live that life for the glory of Jesus Christ so that God’s heart will rejoice. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment