QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"EVEN TO YOUR OLD AGE, I AM HE" - SAYS JESUS CHRIST TO YOU

Recently my wife’s grandfather died and I went along with her to the funeral. There were not much people who were crying at that place because he lived for more than 90 years and died. For the past few years he could not identify anyone expect my wife’s mother and one of his grand son. His last days were so terrible that he suffered a lot.

My grandmother’s age is more than 75 and still she is alive. She is in my home now and I could sense her thoughts. Now she could not walk much and also she could not sit in the same place for hours together. She feels that she is so weak and at times she tells that God has to take her without any suffering and pain.

There were times she asks me to come to her room at least twice and show my face to her. Such was her condition. Even during past days I have seen some old people suffering at their old age.
When I saw those people I told myself that I should not live more than 50 years. Even at my young age before marriage I used to think that I have to get married before 30 and so my first child will be around 20 years of age when I will be 50. So even if I die my first child will not have any problem because at that time my child will be an adult. This is what I used to think.

I told my mother also that I do not want to live more than 50 years. But after marriage I stopped telling that because my wife didn't like that. But yet as I see some old people who were struggling with so many problems I feel so bad.

Recently I thought that there is no hope to live in the old age at all. Also I thought what will be my hope to have a desire to live at the old age.

Then Holy Spirit spoke to me with a verse written in Isaiah 46:4, “Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry and will deliver you.”

Even today you might be thinking that who will be your hope for your entire life. Do not worry about your future. You might be young now or you might be old. You have a loving God who is the same even to your old age.

Throughout your lifetime, Jesus Christ will carry you, protect you and sustain you. People might change. As you lose your strength or earning or success or job, people will leave you. But Jesus Christ will never leave you.

Your sons, daughters and relatives might hate you. Your husband or wife might leave you. But Jesus Christ is same yesterday, today and forever. So never get discouraged.

In Malachi 3:6, Lord says: “For I am the Lord, I do not change; therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.”


Our Lord is an unchanging God and so you will not be destroyed. He will be with you and carry you throughout your lifetime. Jesus Christ will meet all your needs and He will bless you. God be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment