QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

DO YOU FEEL DESPISED AND UNLOVED? - JESUS CHRIST LOVES YOU AND HE WILL BLESS YOU.



“And when the Lord saw that Leah was despised, He made her able to bear children...” – Genesis 29:31 (Amplified Bible)

Jacob ran away from his home and came to the house of his mother’s brother. His mother’s brother Laban had two daughters. Bible says that Jacob loved Laban’s younger daughter Rachel. Laban’s elder daughter Leah was dull looking and so no one loved her.

Jacob worked for seven years to marry Rachel. But instead of giving Rachel, Laban gave Leah to Jacob. In the morning Jacob found that he was cheated by his uncle Laban. 

So he went to him and asked, “...What is this you have done to me? Was it not for Rachel that I served you? Why then have you deceived me?” (Genesis 29:25)

What would be the feeling of Leah when Jacob had said those words? She must have got dejected because her husband felt that he was deceived by marrying Leah. 

But then a hope arose in her heart. She might have told to herself, “It’s ok that my husband doesn’t spoke good words but now my father will come and he will surely speak good words about me and make my husband to understand my value.”

Her father came and instead of speaking good words about her, he said, “...It must not be done so in our country, to give the younger before the firstborn.” (Genesis 29:26)

Laban never spoke any good word about Leah but he spoke about the custom of that country. Hearing his words, Leah’s heart might have got broken because her own father spoke nothing good about her.

Finally Laban convinced Jacob to work for another seven years for Rachel and gave him Rachel as his wife.

Bible says in Genesis 29:30, “... He (Jacob) also loved Rachel more than Leah. And he served with Laban still another seven years.”

Even when Jacob married Rachel according to his desire he never loved Leah as he loved Rachel. Leah’s husband never loved her and her father also despised her. Leah might have felt like all her relations were stripped away from her life. She might have felt that there is no one to love her. She was despised by everyone. 

But the incident never ended in that way. There was someone who loved Leah more than her own husband and father. There was someone who saw Leah was despised by everyone and so He came for her support.

He is none other than God, the Father. Bible says in Genesis 29:31 that the Lord saw Leah was despised and unloved. 

Leah’s husband could not understand her pain. Leah’s father could not understand her sorrow. But God saw that Leah was despised and unloved.

God not only saw that but He also decided to bless her and raise her above everyone. So He blessed Leah with children after children while Rachel was barren. 

Through Leah came Judah and in the generation of Judah came Jesus Christ. What a blessing that Leah received from the hands of the God!

Are you feeling despised and unloved today? Do your loved ones don’t bother about your feeling, pain and sorrow? Do not feel depressed. Jesus Christ is seeing your life today. 

He sees that you are despised and unloved. You have a family. You have people around you but yet you feel all alone in your life. You feel like there is no one to understand you. You are the one to whom God is speaking to you today.

Jesus Christ says to you, “My dear child, you are not alone. I am with you and I love you so much more than anyone. You might be despised and unloved. I am on your side. I will raise you in front of those who despised you. I will wipe away your tears. I will be your father, mother and lover. I will be your comfort. My hands will raise you.”

My dear young friends, do not get discouraged. Jesus Christ is watching your life. He knows the path that you are going through. People might have thrown you away from their life. People might have hurt you by their words and deeds. Do not worry. This is not the end.

Jesus Christ will lift you up through His mighty hands. His golden hands of grace will carry you. Jesus Christ will bless you richly and through your life God’s glory will be revealed. God bless you.

2 comments:

  1. These words really comforted me...... really God spoke to me through these words..... These words promote a hope in me that God is with me and He is the one who will raise me in front of others who make me regret...... Thank you so....... much for sharing these words Anna........ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article solaced me greatly.. May God bless you richly Anna:)

    ReplyDelete