QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, September 26, 2015

JOY FILLED PARENTING - 4 (TEACH YOUR CHILDREN PROPERLY)



Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.” – Proverbs 22:6

When little children grew up they look to their parents to understand the things that are happening around. As parents you have to train your child to seek God daily and always. 

Recently I have learnt that whatever we teach our child, we have to do it correctly and properly. In the previous week I took my little daughter out for a walk. As I was carrying her in my arms, I want to teach her something different. So I pointed my finger towards the cloud and said to her that the white things seen above are cloud. She was one year old and she just looked above and smiled. Then I told her about the sky and for that also she smiled.

Then I thought that I will relate God and so I said that Jesus Christ lives above the cloud and the sky. I repeated this for several times so that she could understand that clearly. 

Later when we reached home I asked her the question, where is Jesus Christ? Usually when I ask her a question she will answer it in her actions and single words that she knew. But on that day she didn’t answer my question. As she looked at me, I again pointed the fingers towards the sky and told Jesus Christ is there. 

Immediately my wife responded and said to me that I should not teach her like that. Then she came near to our daughter and took her little hands and kept it on her chest and said, “Jesus Christ is inside you and He resides in your heart.”

Actually I was proud on that day evening that I taught some valuable thing to my daughter but when my wife pointed out the mistake I understand I should be more careful and diligent while teach my little daughter about Godly ways she should follow. 

From that day onwards whenever someone asks my little daughter, “Where is Jesus”, she will quickly put her little hands on her chest repeatedly and say He is inside her. 

My dear young parents, teach your child the way they should go. And when you teach them, make sure you are teaching them correctly and in an appropriate way. God has given the responsibility to you to take care of your child and you have to do that properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment