QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, September 5, 2015

THE FULLNESS OF SACRIFICE - A POEM WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHOM I KNEW BEFORE



Then commenced the feast of the unleavened bread
Where, you My Lord, the Father’s Passover lamb
Prepared yourself and your children for you to be sacrificed
Given as a guilt offering to remove the stains of Mankind.

God’s Beloved, you saw the faces of all the twelve
Your heart pained because it knew each one will forsake, betray you
Still with a love that overflowed immeasurably for those of yours
You gently took the bread and broke it.

When the bread was broken so did your fragile heart
At the thought that all will be scattered in various direction
Leaving you solitary to walk through that agonizing pain
Where your flesh had to be torn to stitch God’s love with Man

With a heavy heart you took the cup of wine
Offered it to them saying, ”This is My blood of the covenant,
Poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins,
If it’s not this way to save then there is no other!”

The time came for the scripture to be fulfilled
Was so very near where on you were laid the sins of all
Your crushed heart wept as your eyes fell on Judas, the betrayer
You cried saying, ”It would have been better if you would have never born”.

There close to you was Simon, you dearly loved!
Who was going to disown you later, sometime?
Yet you saw him as a father sees His weak son
Like a shepherd going to lay His life for His sheep.

Excruciating pain, a disturbed mind, full of inexplicable anxiety
Filled you, My Lord yet you never expressed it to them
For you shared your joy with many and carried the burden alone
The state of your heart who can comprehend the burden at that moment.

Focused was your mind to fulfill the Father’s will,
Oh unblemished Lamb, to carry the cross & shed your precious blood
Though the pain was overwhelming within your heart and soul
Your mind was steadfast in fulfilling your Father’s purpose.

Lord! If it wasn’t your sacrifice on that cross,
Where would I have been be now?
You gave the fullness of yours Lord!
To redeem an unworthy slave like me
And give meaning to my life…

No comments:

Post a Comment