QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, September 3, 2015

RELATION & RELATIONSHIPS - 14 (DO NOT DESTROY A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR PERSONAL EGO)



“A friend loves at all times, And a brother is born for adversity." - Proverbs 17:17

Recently I and my wife celebrated our daughter’s first birthday. For some personal reasons we had decided not to celebrate it in a grand manner. Our parents were with us during that day and so we have not invited anyone else. 

On the day of birthday as I was returning home from my workplace I got a call from my eldest brother who is nearly 7 years elder to me. He conveyed his wishes to my daughter and then immediately he asked sorry for he said he could not come and attend the function as he had some important official work. 

I was stunned when he asked sorry. I knew I was the one who should ask sorry for not inviting him. But yet he felt sorry that he could not attend though I had not invited him. 

On the same night when I was talking to my another brother he said that he had prayed for my daughter along with his wife and also alone. 

When I talked with both of my brothers I realized that they didn’t expect me to invite but yet they wanted to come on their own love they have upon me. Our parents had taught us to be together at all times staying united without having any personal egos. 

My eldest brother has every rights to ask me why I have not invited him but yet he had not done that instead he voluntarily asked sorry for not attending the function. 

Many a times in our life we put our personal egos forward in someone’s relationship and as a result we fail to understand the love we have upon them or the love they have upon us. Finally that relationship will end in disaster. 

Bible says that a friend will love at all times. You should learn to love others at all times. 

Sometimes your loved one might have failed to wish you on an important day. Sometimes they might have forget that day also. Sometimes they might not have presented a gift to you or a gift according to your desire. Because of that you should not show your anger and frustration upon them. You should love them unconditionally. 

My brother’s word touched me and it increased the respect that I have upon him. Touch someone’s life through your unconditional love. Accept your loved ones mistake and forgive them. Do not put your personal ego in a wonderful relationship and destroy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment