QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A LITTLE PRAYER CAN BRING LOT OF WONDERS - TESTIMONY OF MS. JOCELINE JOY


“….I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.” – John 16:23

“GOD is the reason why even in pain, I smile; in confusion, I understand; in betrayal, I trust; and in fear, I continue to fight.”

Life has a lot of ups and downs. Some of us never understand or even now understood why things happen. Mine is a little story of pure trust in the Lord Jesus, our savior. 

My name is Joceline Joy, I am currently pursuing my final year engineering in Electronics and communication. Final year is the time of tension and fear, Fear of whether will I get a job?? Or will I clear my higher studies entrance exams?? Or should I study in India or abroad??

Well, to be frank, I was also going through all these questions when suddenly our college announced that the first company will be recruiting soon in a week’s time. I thought I would prepare the next whole week, and attend my placements. But unfortunately, I feel ill again and had to go home for a checkup. I returned two days prior the placements. My mind was so tensed, with fear overwhelming me. The night before the placements round one, which was an aptitude test and a group discussion round, I prayed, “Jesus, If this is your will for me, then let it happen. If this company’s for me, then only make me clear aptitude.”

Next day morning I wake up to find myself at complete and an unusual peace. Something I have never felt before. I told my friend that I am at peace, and I don’t know how it can be, because even for a small review in the department, I am so tensed. She told me fear is from Satan, so that means if you are at peace, then God is with you. (Amen to that!)

I attended my aptitude test with the first batch of students. As we were waiting for the results, all my friends were worried if they would clear it or not, everybody started discussing the number of questions attended by each. I kept quiet and smiled, and said I know I aced the test. Just before the results were being announced, my friend told me that she would be happy if I got, I told her, I would be happy if she did too. Five minutes later, my name was announced among those who cleared aptitude. (Praise the Lord) 

Next was the group discussion, I never even attended a mock GD, but I knew God would take care, and yes like I believed, HE DID! I cleared the second round too.

The next day we were scheduled for the interview. Mine was scheduled at 5pm. I assemble with the others at 2pm in the seminar hall and waited for my call. But the interview was being delayed, and even at 9pm, the interviewer who was scheduled for us hadn’t started his 3pm batch.
Something in me said there is a reason why we are being delayed, and I could still feel the presence of Jesus with me, I just told my friend, let’s just trust in Jesus, because I have a feeling that our interviewer might change. She and I prayed and trusted that God would take care.

I was called finally for interview at 12am, and yes like I said my interviewer changed, lucky me. My interview went really well, and as I walked out the room, I said, “Thank you Jesus”.

Another hour and half as we were waiting for the results, I prayed, “Jesus, don’t ever make me doubt you, because I had already told you to make me clear aptitude on if this company is for me.”

Results were announced department wise, and “…Electronics and Communication, Joceline Joy,…”, praise God, I was selected. My heart rejoiced in the Lord, and I thanked Him, for listening to my little prayers during the last two days. 

Now, here I am testifying the glory and blessings God will give you if you trust in Him. For there is nothing that He can’t make happen. Amen to that!
                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment