QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, September 10, 2012

SEIZE THE MOMENT - A DEVOTIONAL BY RICK WARREN


“Jesus said, ‘No procrastination. No backward looks. You can’t put God's kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day.’” (Luke 9:62 MSG)

In Mark 10, a huge crowd was following Jesus as he left Jericho. A blind beggar named Bartimaeus was sitting beside the road as Jesus was going by. When Bartimaeus heard that Jesus was nearby, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”

When Bartimaeus got up that morning, he had no idea that Jesus Christ was going to be passing by him that day. He thought it was just another ordinary day: same place, same cry for help, same miserable, lonely, pitiful lifestyle. He had no time to prepare for Jesus; it was just an opportunity that was dropped in his lap. He had to seize the moment.

He said, “I’m not going to miss this one. I’m going to take advantage. Jesus is coming by my place right now. I’m not going to delay. I’m not going to procrastinate. I’m going to do this now.” That’s the first key to a fresh start in your life: Whatever you’re going to do, do it now. Don’t say, “Next year I’m going to make a fresh start. Next month I’m going to make a fresh start. Tomorrow I’m going to make a fresh start.” It’s now or never. Seize the moment! 

Every day, there are opportunities all around you for a fresh start, but you don’t take advantage of them. Why? One word: procrastination.

Procrastination is a strange phenomenon. We think it will make our lives easier; we think it will make our lives more present when actually it just creates more stress. The truth is, you already know the right things to do and the benefits of doing the right things in life. So why don’t you do them?

The Bible warns us over and over about presuming upon tomorrow. I’m not guaranteed a tomorrow and neither are you. Jesus said, “No procrastination. No backward looks. You can’t put God's kingdom off till tomorrow. Seize the day” (Luke 9:62 MSG).

You have no guarantee that you will live tomorrow. Whatever you’re going to do, you better do it now.  


This devotional ©2012 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission

No comments:

Post a Comment