QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Monday, September 17, 2012

DO NOT TRY TO SETTLE AT THE SECOND BEST


“Yes, the Lord will give what is good…” – Psalms 85:12

“He would have fed them also with the finest of wheat; And with honey from the rock I would have satisfied you.” – Psalms 81:16

One month before on this same date (17/8/2012) I got married. One month has passed by. The way that God has led me to find my wife was an amazing one. 

On May 2010, my parents decided to find a girl for me to get married. We as a family prayed for the matter. God spoke to us and He said that I have to marry a girl according to His will and not my own will. Jesus Christ also told me that He will give me a good girl as wife.

We started to search for the girl with much prayer. Many proposals came from different families and whenever a proposal comes we used to take that to God in prayer. For some proposal He used to say no and for some He stays quiet. There were some moments in which I thought this girl should be my wife and eagerly waited at His presence but nothing worked out.

We as a family thought I will get married by December 2010 but there was no progress at all. Days rolled by. We reached May 2012. I could never imagine that I waited for two years for God to say a yes. I still remember the first proposal that came to our family on May 2010. She was a doctor and was doing M.D at that time and her younger sister was studying in a college. God said no to that proposal and so we left that. In the year 2012 unknowingly my mom talked to a family regarding a proposal for marriage and we found that the girl was the younger sister of that doctor girl. I don’t know what their parents would have thought. They would have thought that we were mad waiting this much days.

Like this we have waited for God’s answer but nothing happened. Many people mocked at us. But yet God’s grace was sufficient for us to endure the words of human.

During May 2012 so many proposals came and God also promised us that He will reveal His will very soon. One day a proposal came from a good family people and the girl has completed PG degree in engineering.  As usual we took that proposal to God but we din’t get an answer at all. My mom was so frustrated that she came to me one evening and told me like this: “It’s enough doing like this and not going to see any girl. We will go to this girl’s house and we will talk to their family and later we decide what to do.” I really don’t know what to do. I myself slowly began to lose all hope. I saw that girl’s photo and I also thought what my mom said was correct that we should visit their home even if God din’t answer. But on that evening, Holy Spirit spoke to me which I will never forget in my life time. He said to me: “My dear son, do not settle at the second best.”

Later when I prayed I found that the girl even though she was not God’s best in my life, I can marry her. But if I marry her surely it will be second best and not the God’s best. So I decided to find God’s best in my life and rejected that proposal. 

Within a month another proposal came from a family and God said a strong yes to that proposal. I never thought that God will say yes but He said yes. Not only had that He also promised that the marriage life will be a blessed one and it will be filled with His peace.

We as a family were so happy and within two months God enabled us to finish the marriage function. His presence guided us in all ways and He did everything beautifully in His time.

My dear young friends do not try to settle at the second best. You might be looking for a future partner. You might like a girl or a boy who seems to be the perfect match to you. You have a desire to get married with them. Let me tell you my dear young friends, if your relationship was not according to God’s will, you will never find His best blessings in your life. You can select your own life partner according to your own will. You will still have blessings in your life. God will not put you down because you have married according to your own will. But yet God’s purpose in your life will not be fulfilled to the fullest. You have to make sacrifice to fulfill God’s will. 

I won’t say that I and my wife din’t even had one fight in this one month. Misunderstanding came between us and there were tough moments but in spite of all that, God’s peace is residing in our hearts. Day by day I am falling in love with her because of God’s grace. She is a like a child to me and God is enabling me to love her as she is. I can tell you that every single moment Holy Spirit is teaching me how to take care of her and the family matters. I will later share those things in GHG articles. 

My dear young friends, Holy Spirit put in my heart to tell you that don’t try to settle at the second best. Look to God. He will enable you to do His best. God will always do good to you and He will bless you with the finest blessings. When you do God’s will in your life, your life will be filled with great joy and peace and God’s heart will also be filled with so much joy as you do His will. He will be proud about you. Are you ready to make a sacrifice for God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment