QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

GHG - 6 (GOD WILL HEAR YOUR PRAYERS WHEN YOU HUMBLE YOURSELVES BEFORE HIM)


 “Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another and be clothed with humility, for God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.” – I PETER 5:6, 7 (NKJV)  

In the year 1998-99 I was studying the last year (SSLC) of my secondary schooling. I was a very weak student in maths. The highest mark I have scored in my class exams was 59. My class teacher lost hope and so are my parents. Even I myself thought I will not pass in the government public exam. Once I got the public exam timetable I started praying to God that He has to help me in mathematics paper. I had two days of holiday before the mathematics public exam. I prayed very earnestly to God on those days and went to write my exam.

Hours before the starting of exam I pleaded with fear to God to give me a pass mark. I went into the hall and again I prayed. Suddenly a great peace filled my heart and I felt God’s presence strongly there and I don’t know how I completed my exam. I felt someone wrote it for me. My friends told me that the question paper was so tough but I was in a great joy. I came out and told all my well wishers that I will score good marks in Maths but no one believed my words.

After few months I got news that results are coming out. Again I prayed a lot and went to see the results. As I am getting nearer to my school one of my friends ran to me and told like this “Hey out of 203 students who were passed from our school only 6 students got full hundred marks in Maths.” After hearing those words my heart was filled with so much of fear but somehow I went with a hope that God will make me pass.

When I saw my results I can’t believe it at all. Again and again I am seeing it but yet I can’t believe what God did. Even my friends were checking it again and again and they also could not believe it. Jesus Christ graciously enabled me to be one among those 6 students who got full hundred marks in Maths and He also gave me 85% in my final exam. My parents were so surprised to hear that I got full hundred marks in Maths. I know it was Jesus Christ who wrote the exam and it was Him who gave me those marks.  

I was so thankful at that time to God for giving me full marks in Maths. Soon after that I was admitted in a diploma course in electronics in a government polytechnic. The very first day I heard that I have to pass two mathematics paper in my first year of studies. When I heard that I lost all hope about my future. But on the first mathematics class something happened differently that changed my life. The maths sir who came to teach asked the students who scored centum marks in public exam to stand up and to my surprise; I am the only one who stood up in the entire class.

He appreciated me a lot in front of all my classmates and soon after the class my new classmates also appreciated me. Everyone around me thought that I was a great genius in maths but only I had known the truth that I know nothing. My classmates began to treat me with great respect and all the time they were appreciating me. First I proclaimed to them that I got centum because of Jesus Christ but as days progressed hearing their continuous appreciation my mind got filled with pride and then onwards I proclaimed that I got centum because of my hard work.

Soon the toughest maths exam approached. I went into the exam hall with lot of pride that I will do well and so on. But yet when I got the question paper I prayed and opened it. To my amazement my legs and hands began to tremble and my dress began to get wet because of the sweating. Not even one answer I could remember at that time. I tried writing the answers but all my works went in vain. I began to cry but I could not feel the presence of God at all.

I came out of the exam hall and started praying for my results. The results came and our HOD told us that out of 40 students from our class only 5 students cleared all the exams and when I saw my results I found out I am one among those 35 students who have failed. I failed in maths exam by scoring less than 30 marks out of 100. 

My pride destroyed my peace and I was broken down as I faced my first failure in my life. My dear young friends, If you humble yourselves before Jesus Christ He will help you but if you enter into His presence with pride He will let things happen in such a way that you will be humbled in front of everyone.

Our course seniors told me that I will never get my diploma because the students who got failed in maths exam will never clear it again throughout the course. That was the case in that polytechnic college. My hearts were filled with fear and sadness but when I turned my face to God I heard Holy Spirit speaking to me saying its my pride that led me to this failure and I realized that I did a great mistake.

Everyone thought my career will be over. But I decided to humble myself again to God and I pleaded to God to help me to clear my maths exam in the next semester itself.

Did God heard me when I came back to Him again with humbleness? Did Jesus Christ heard my prayers Or Did God cast me away rejecting my tears?

                                                                         ...................... To be continued in GHG - 7

No comments:

Post a Comment