QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Sunday, April 28, 2013

GUEST ARTICLE - 4 (MARRIAGE - A SPECIAL GIFT FROM THE LORD)


Proverbs 18:22 says “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favour from the Lord.”

As every other girl/boy, I also had many dreams about my future life partner during my college days. I was really excited about how my future life would be after my marriage. I was really worried about the same on seeing the problems some of my friends faced. I was told that we can always pray to God, how our future wife/husband should be. So I started praying about it by listing down so many points as what are all the qualities he/she should possess. But as I was praying, God said, “You wanted to be fit in the jar of particular size but I wanted you to be the perfect lid of the beautiful jar.”

From that day onwards I realised that My Future Is In God's Hands, But I Hold the Key to Unlock It!” I started praying like, “Lord please mould me and make me, so that I could be the best for my future partner whom you have kept for me. Mold me and make me…we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand.” (Isaiah 64:8)

I want to encourage you with this illustration. Just imagine that we are hiding under His wings and someone is praying for us and searching for us. Atlast they realize that we are hidden in His presence and longs for us. Finally we become ONE in God’s presence. Wow!!!!!... How Amazing it is to be in God’s hand and in His plan.

[..hide me in the shadow of your wings.(Psalm 17:8) May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge.(Ruth 2:12) May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge. (Psalm 27:5) How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. (Psalm 36:7) Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. (Psalm 63:7)]

Lord’s word says whoever finds a wife, finds good (A wise - A good wife; one that deserves the name, and performs the duty of that relation) and finds favor (Favor - Obtains her not by his own diligence, but by God's good providence) from the Lord.

Let us wait in the Lord, focusing on Lord Jesus Christ in every walk of our life. And by His grace we will receive this special favor from the Lord.

Let us offer this prayer in Faith:

Our loving father Lord we come before your throne with praise and thanksgiving. How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. Help me to be under your wings and wait till the day you have appointed for my life to receive the special gift from you for the rest of our life. Amen.

(Note: My dear young friends, this article was written by Ms. Jenifer Mery. She is working as a counsellor in a Christian University. GHG team thank Ms. Jenifer Mery for the article. May God bless her abundantly. If you wish to send your article, mail it to goldenhandsofgrace@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment