QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, April 19, 2013

REDEEM YOUR TIME BECAUSE THE DAYS ARE EVIL


Recently we have been hearing so many bad news that was happening around us. Recently two bombs exploded in Boston Marathon and it killed 3 young people including 8 year old kid. I read that nearly 150 people got hurt in that explosion and many people lost their legs.

Doctors might save the lives of people who got hurt but how come they save them from the fear that surrounded their heart and mind. I felt so sad when I heard about this incident.

And then soon I heard about a strong earthquake that was happened in Iran with an estimated magnitude of 7.8 and even though there was no official announcement about the death rate, many feared death in Iran and the nearby gulf countries.

 It was the second biggest earthquake to hit Iran in a week. A week before it was told that a powerful 6.3 magnitude quake struck and killed nearly 37 people and injured 850 people. No one can find a reason why these earthquakes happened in Iraq.

Sadness gripped my heart when I heard about those incidents. Then I sat to watch a news channel and they showed a video of a husband pleading the passerby to help him as he and his family met with an accident. Actually he was travelling along with his wife, little daughter and a son in a two wheeler in a city in India. A truck had hit them and they were thrown to the road. The truck didn’t stopped and it moved on. Somehow he stood up along with his little boy and he found that his wife and his little daughter were injured badly.

So he pleaded for help holding his little son in his hand. It was a busy road and they say that nearly 23 vehicles passed by but no one stopped to help him. Even there were people who were walking nearby passed by just like that after looking at his pathetic situation. I saw the video and I was terribly shocked. Next day I found out from the web that his wife and his daughter died in that accident.

How could someone cross a person casually who was wounded severely in an accident? Where was the love in the hearts of the people?

As we hear the news of someone killing others there were accidents like this happen which destroys the lives of people. Even today I heard a news that an industrial accident happened in a fertilizer plant in Texas and nearly 15 people killed and many were injured.

As I was thinking about all the incidents and was asking God what we should do in this hour. Holy Spirit reminded me a verse in Bible and spoke to me about the need of this hour.

Ephesians 5:15,16 “See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.”

Holy Spirit spoke to me clearly saying, "Redeem your time, because the days are evil".

As God has spoken through His servants of God, many evil things are happening in the world and God might come back at any time.

Before that He has given us time to live and we have to think that how we were using our time. Are we using our time productively for the glory of God or are we using it unnecessarily?

My dear young friends, whatever be your situation right now. You might be living in America or Middle East or India and you might be worried about the things that are happening in your country. Do not get discouraged and do not fear.

All you have to do is turn your face towards Jesus Christ. He will give you His grace to walk uprightly before Him and He will never let your foot to slip. Take refuge in Jesus Christ and He will protect you.

Remember that we are living in the days of evil and it is absolutely necessary to redeem our time and to use it for the glory of God.

“Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” – Ephesians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment