QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, June 6, 2014

BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU COULD NOT SEE AND STAY BLESSED



“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” – Hebrews 11:1

We as a family were living in a 3BHK rental house and recently there was water scarcity in our house. The owner came and tried their level best to deepen the bore but their effort went in vain. Since we had no other way, we started to buy water for money from outside source.

We prayed and then decided to shift to another house. We prayed a lot and started to search for another house in the same area. We had two months time till the end of May. In the mid of April I went to a small church to preach and after the service pastor of the church prayed for me. Then God spoke through him saying that He will give me a 3 BHK house for rent. 

Before that day I went to see a 3 bedroom house but I could not feel any peace in my heart and so I rejected that house. And as far as I know there were no 3 BHK house available in our place for rent. I searched several websites and spoke to more than 3 brokers but I could not find a 3 BHK house.

I always wanted to stay in a house according to God’s will and so I was afraid to go for a 2 BHK house. There were so many 2 BHK houses available for rent in our area but yet I was not interested in those houses. I was struggling in my faith and one day I thought I will not find a 3BHK house and so I decided to stay in the same house in which water was scarce.

I was staying in that house for the past two years according to God’s will. Instead of going to some other house which was not according to God’s plan, I prefer to stay in the same house where God protected us wonderfully. 

Days were running fast and I lost all hope. I started discussing the new rent with my owner for another year and as the discussions were going on, one day I met a person who is a God given elder brother to me. It was on 21st May. He told me that there was a 3BHK house available for rent in a street which was very close to the main accessible area and asked me to come with him to see the house next day. 

The next day, I went with him to see the house and as I entered the house, I felt peace in my heart and God confirmed that it was His will for us to stay in this house. After much prayer we gave advance on the very next day and before the end of May, we vacated our old house and came to the 3BHK house that God has promised. 

Once I got the house which God has promised, I thanked Him with all of my heart but at the same time I felt so ashamed that I could not have faith in Him in this matter. I know I failed to believe that God will give me a house for rent to live in as He has promised and I asked God to forgive me. 

Though God fulfilled His promise at the very end of May, He fulfilled His promise beautifully in His time.

Jesus Christ says in John 20:29, “...Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

My dear young friends, you might not have received what you have praying for. You might not see any sign of miracle. I encourage you today to stay in faith. Do not lose your faith. Whatever Jesus Christ has promised you, will happen in your life for your good. He will fulfil His promise in your life. All you have to do is to stay in faith. Though you do not see God promised blessing, believe that God will do it for you.  You will be blessed.

I failed in the simple test of faith but I do not want you to fail. Remember faith is the assurance about what we do not see. You will not be put to shame if you have faith in Jesus Christ. Stay in faith. You will receive all the promises that God has given you so far. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment