QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Sunday, June 29, 2014

THE ULTIMATE LOVE - A POEM WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHOM I KNOW



Grieved and sorrowful, left alone in Gethsamane
None to pray or none to strengthen
You fell to the ground and cried to the Father
“Lord, not Mine but yours be done”.

Soon came the betrayer whom also you had loved
But still no words of condemnation hurried our.
You hugged hem and called him “My friend”,
Overwhelming with sorrow for the one you also loved was doomed to hell.

Sorrows after worries a pained heart You carried,
Seeing Your sheep scattered with fear all over.
Chained and Harassed was Your gentle body taken,
Yet You took it all just to reconcile Man with God.

You were disowned by the ones you loved,
And betrayed by the ones you cared,
Forsaken by the ones of your own,
And beaten by the ones for whom you came to save.

All people stood around and threw insults and accusations,
You never even whispered a word oh Lord!
Because the sorrow was so deeply hurting,
That a word could not strain itself out of your throat.

Standing like a Sinner before the ones you came to save,
With sorrows none can understand grieved you more,
When people shouted “Let His blood be upon us and our children”,
You cried in your heart,”No!No1 Don’t say that!”

Given exchange for a cruel Murderer, still with compassion you saw the people,
Saying,”This blood is shed all for you, Be saved!”
And lead to the palace to be crowned with poisonous thorns,
Which bruised the delicate skin of the Rose of Sharon.

You were the Darling of Prince of Heaven,
Crowned with all crowns, glorious and always praised,
But now with those thorns finding its way in,
Did they hit you again and again on your Head.

Along the road reaching Golgotha you carried the cursed cross,
No strength in the body and Man full of sorrow and grief,
No pleasing looks you had for someone to love,
Such was the state of the Prince of Heaven.

After stumbling several times and falling with the cross,
On to the place of skull did you reach
The nails found its way into your gentle hands,
You had to take ti all just to redeem the cursed mankind.

You hung solitary on the wooden cross, My Lord!
When I asked “What made you bear this all?”
You looked into my eyes and said “My Dear, other than giving My life in this way,
There was nothing that would be done to redeem you,
I knew you could not bear the pain so I took all of it!

What kind of words can explain this love,
Still on that cross naked you hung.
But when you saw me crying in a road far away,
Telling “Its because of Me! All because of Me!”
You cried,”No My Child Don’t cry! Your life is worth it all, Don’t cry!”

Not your bruises and bleeding wounds did you bother about,
But you cared for the tears that flowed out of my eyes,
And worried more the blood that oozed out you never considered,
But the broken heart of mine you had cared!

Lovingly you said, “Don’t feel bad My Child!
I love you to the core, that’s why this pain,
Doesn’t matter much when I realize
I will get you back to be Mine again”.

No comments:

Post a Comment