QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, June 21, 2014

WHEN YOU LIVE UPRIGHT, YOU AND YOUR GENERATION WILL BE BLESSED RICHLY



...the generation of the upright will be blessed.” – Psalms 112:2

“But showing mercy to thousands, to those who love me, and keep my commandments." - Exodus 20:6

I have a very old grandmother who is related to me through my mother. She is nearly 75 years old. My mother loves her a lot and takes good care of my grandmother. It’s natural that my mom loves her mom. From our childhood, more than the way we loved our grandfather and the parents of my father, we love our grandmother a lot. We were closely attached to her and even today we speak to her a lot about different matters, issues and problems. 

The surprising thing that I found is the 7 year old son of my eldest brother loves my grandmother a lot than we do. Whenever she needs water he will run through the kitchen and fill her water bottle with water and bring it back to her. There were times when my grandmother says that she will die soon; he used to say that she will live for more years. 

At times my grandmother goes to my elder brother’s house to stay there for some days, he misses her a lot and always tell her to come back to their home soon. More than he loves his own grandmother (my mom), he loves my grandmother.

My mother always says that my grandmother is so lucky to have the love of the generation solely because of the blessing of her father. My grandmother’s father lived an upright life and he loved Jesus so much. Daily early morning he used to go to a church nearby and at those times my grandmother was married.

Whenever he crosses her house, he used to call her and bless her saying, “My dear daughter, you will not lack anything and you will have a blessed life.” It seems that he used to do this for several years. Jesus Christ heard his prayers and blessings, and He is blessing my grandmother today. 

My grandmother’s life is full of miracles. She was married to a person from another religion and she started to worship idols. Within few years of marriage she gave birth to 10 children out of which 5 died. This made her body so weak and everyone thought that she will not survive. During those times her father prayer a lot and through his prayers God gave her strength and life.
When we were young, I once remember that my grandmother’s health was so bad. My grandfather died when I was so young and everyone thought that my grandmother will die. With so much prayer, my mother brought her to our home and took care of her so nicely and to this day she is the one who is taking care of her mother. 

As my grandmother remembered all those prayers her father and her daughter made, she gave her life to Jesus Christ and took baptism. Now when we face any problems and troubles, she used to call us and say that Jesus Christ will take care of everything and she is praying for us. Indeed she is a great support to our family. 

Her father lived an upright life before God and Jesus Christ heard his prayers and blessed his daughter and even to this day He is taking care of my grandmother in a miraculous way. 

My dear young friends, God hears the prayers of upright people. He loves those who fears Him and blesses their generations. Even today if you fear and love Jesus Christ, you will be blessed and also your sons and daughter will be blessed. You might go away from this life one day but the Eternal God will take care of your sons, daughters and their generations. He will protect them and bless them richly. 

Surrender your life to Jesus Christ and dedicate yourself to live an upright holy life before the sight of the Lord. Jesus Christ will reward you eternally. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment