QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, June 13, 2014

GHG - 19 (GOD WILL TAKE SICKNESS AWAY FROM YOUR LIFE)



So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you.” – Exodus 23:25

Though I have not gone through much suffering in my life, certain incidents that happened threatened me a lot. 

When I was doing my B.Tech degree, I got a problem in my back. Day by day back pain increased and I could not lie on my bed with my back. Also I can’t bend and pick up anything which has some considerable weight. I do not understand what was actually happening. At that time I was in my teen age and I could not bear the pain at all. We went to a doctor and they took X-ray. They said the bones were crooked and asked me to go for Physiotherapy treatment. 

As a family we prayed a lot about this and I went to Physiotherapy treatment for few days. They asked me to come regularly but I was not interested. We continued praying and God healed me completely at that time and gave me strength to lift heavy weights even now.  This might seem to be a simple thing but I felt so happy when my pain was removed. Then I thought I will not be having any serious problem in my life. 

In the year 2009 I was working in a reputed organization and everything was going well in my life. There were quite a few problems but those things were manageable. 

On a particular day I was on leave and was simply sitting and chatting. On that day suddenly I started to urinated blood. Once it happened and I was shocked but I didn’t tell anybody. After few hours again it repeated and I was literally afraid of my future. There was not much pain but yet my urine was full of blood. 

I thought I will die soon. Actually I could not understand the problem but yet from my childhood I was told that if blood started coming out from mouth or ear or from anywhere it is dangerous. That’s what I heard from most of the elders. So I thought I was in a dangerous situation. 

I called my loved ones who was very close to me on that day evening and shared my problem with them. I stayed in a hostel and my family members lived in another city far away from me. They also were afraid and my parents asked me to go to a doctor soon. 

My mom started praying immediately and few other people whom I was close to also prayed for me on that evening. God heard their prayers and on that day night itself everything turned to normal. 

The next day I went to doctor. I had faith but yet I was scared. I felt I was not ready to die. I wanted to live and so I anxiously waited for the words of the doctor. They diagnosed that there was a small problem in kidney but they said not to worry about anything. They asked me to come if blood comes out again but thank God it never happened again.

My dear young friends, you might have some serious problems in your body. Doctors might tell that you won’t survive without surgery or they may say that they can’t do anything at this stage. Do not worry. Jesus Christ is our Healer. Pray to God and ask your loved ones to pray for you. God will hear your prayers and will heal you. Nothing is impossible for our God. He will not let you die. You will receive a miraculous healing and you will testify God’s glory. 

There were times I felt so miserable about certain things that happened in my life but yet whenever I looked to God, He gave me His peace and lifted me. 

-         To be Continued in GHG-20

No comments:

Post a Comment