QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

RELATION & RELATIONSHIPS - 6 (FORGIVE ONE ANOTHER)



And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.” – Ephesians 4:32

In the previous article of this section, I wrote about an incident in which my eldest brother’s daughter got angry on me for the way I laughed at her. I thought she had forgotten about that incident the very next day. But few weeks before my mother told me that as my eldest brother’s daughter was playing, suddenly she told my mother that she is going to catch me and handover to police for the way I made fun about her dad on that day. 

Even after one and half months my brother’s five year old daughter could not forget that incident and she could not forgive me for what I did. She might be too young to forgive but the way she remembered the entire incident surprised me a lot.

Many a times even in our lives, we carry the bitterness in our heart which was created by someone in our life at some point of time. We fail to forgive them and because of that our relationship ends in a sad note.

I have a God given friend who loves me so much from my college days. We studied diploma together and then he took a one year gap and joined as a junior to me while I was studying engineering degree. On those days I had some other friends whom I came to know in that engineering college. 

Whenever someone whom I know celebrated their birthday I used to make a small poster wishing them with good quotes and pasted it in our class notice board. It became so popular because many people liked it. 

Mostly I remembered everyone’s birthday and so I could able to do that to everyone whom I loved. Everything was going well but suddenly I had some misunderstanding with few of our class girls whom I liked. I was confused and I don’t know how to manage the situation at all. 

During that time my best friend’s birthday came. In midst of all the confusions I forgot his birthday. He came to me on that day afternoon and asked me to find what’s special on that day. I gave him several wrong answers and finally he told me that it was his birthday and he went away immediately. 

He was my best friend and how his heart would have felt that day? I gave gifts to everyone who celebrated their birthday on that year but finally failed to even wish my best friend on his birthday. He felt so bad. But what he did on the next day was so amazing.

He just came to me as usual and behaved as if nothing happened. He felt bad the previous day but he never showed that bitterness to me at any instant. In spite of his sadness, he forgave me for what I did and moved on. 

Because of that even today our relationship is going in a smooth way. By God’s grace we are together for nearly 15 years but not even one day we had any fight. There were times certain things happened like this but he was very quick to forgive my mistakes. 

My dear young friends, if someone whom you are close to hurts you by their words or deeds, forgive them. Do not carry the bitterness in your heart and mind. God has forgiven all your sins and He is forgiving you even today. As Christ forgives you, forgive those who sin against you. God bless you.

“Bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.” – Colossians 3:13

No comments:

Post a Comment