QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

GET CLOSER TO JESUS CHRIST AND ABIDE IN HIM



Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.” – John 15:4

I like a beautiful quote which goes like this, “Get close to God first before getting close to anyone else. God without a man is still God but a man without God is nothing.”

Recently I was travelling in a bus after visiting my In-Laws house. I got into the bus at 10:45 P.M. It was a night travel. As I entered into the bus, I noticed that most of the people in the bus were watching the movie that was getting played in the common television set of the bus. 

Beside my seat there were two people who loved the movie a lot. I saw their facial expressions. They were looking every scene with so much eagerness. Also they were telling the dialogues very loudly before it came in the movie. I wondered how they could remember each and every dialogue of the movie. Then I understood that they might have seen the movie so many times before. 

Even though they have seen the movie so many times before, they enjoyed it again to the core when it was played in the bus. Not only they saw the movie but they were into it with all their heart, mind and soul. They loved the movie so much. 

If we analyze our spiritual lives, are we enjoying the moments of prayer? We pray for few days with all our heart and then we feel bored to pray. When someone ask us to pray it seems to be so tough for us. What was the reason for that?

We could not love our prayer times because we do not have an in-depth relationship with God. Prayer seems to be too hard for us because we really do not love God. We speak with our loved ones all day and night long without feeling bored. But when it comes to God we could not do that because we were not actually into the relationship with God.

Bible says in James 4:8, “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you...”

If you want God to operate in your life, you have to draw near to Him. If you want to do something for God you have to abide in Him. 

Have an in-depth relationship with Jesus Christ. Love Him with all your heart, mind and soul. Abide in Him at all circumstances. Do not hurt Him. Love the moments that you spend in prayer. Enjoy the presence of God in your life. 

Jesus Christ wants you to speak to Him in prayer with all your heart, mind and soul. He does not want you to come to Him in prayer as a custom. 

Gordon B. Hinckley, one of the famous church leader said like this, “Let us never forget to pray. God lives. He is near. He is real. He is not only aware of us but cares for us. He is our Father. He is accessible to all who will seek Him.”

My dear young friends, love God and also the moments that you spend in the presence of God. Do not give away your prayer time for any reasons. Abide in Jesus Christ. Draw close to Him in prayer. He will draw close to you and heal all your pain. He wants you to be blessed. Pray well and receive God’s abundant blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment