QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Thursday, June 26, 2014

GOD'S PERFECT GIFT - 7 (MRS. NIRMALA - MY MOTHER WHOM I TREASURE A LOT)



“Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? – Isaiah 49:15

World renowned evangelist Billy Graham once said, “Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children.”

My mother was born as an eldest child in a poor family. Her father owned a tea shop throughout his life time. After my mom, my grandparents had nine children out of which five died. She was the one who used to help her mom during those toughest times and because of the family burden she could not continue her studies after tenth standard. The toughest times they had crossed as a family enabled my mom to be a strongest woman. 

My grandparents were non-Christians and so my mom also grown up as a non-Christian. But as my father was a converted Christian, my mom accepted Christ after she got married to my dad. God blessed my parents with three sons and I am the youngest child.

MY MOM’S LOVE:

On March 2010, one evening, around 6pm, my mom called me and informed me that she has breast cancer. Being at my work place, my heart was shattered when I heard that my mom got cancer.

In the following days, the doctors decided to do the surgery in order to remove the cancer infected breast. I along with my other family members stood around the bed of my mother before she went to surgery. My mom was lying down in the surgery gown, smiling at all of us, speaking to us normally as if nothing has happened.

The time came, around 10am; they took her into surgery theater. My father was so tensed throughout the whole time; he was pacing in front of the operation theater. Me and my brothers were sitting, crying and praying for the life of our mother. 

Four hours passed and the surgery hadn’t got over. After two hours or so they bring in my mom back to the ward. I looked at her frail face; she had gone in with a smile, now she looked all fragile and feeble. She was lying there with a tube inserted into her right chest connected to little white box, and blood was dripping continuously into the box. The nurse told us that she was given an anesthetic, and that she would gain her conscious only after few hours.

My Dad and my brothers decided to go out to get something to eat. I stayed back in the hospital room with my mother. I was sitting and looking at the blood dripping into the box, and praying that she would be just fine. After sometime my mom barely opened her eyes, and she could not lift her right hand. But her fingers indicated that she is calling me to her side. I was filled with fear because the doctors told that if my mother woke up in between she will have severe pain as they removed one of her breast. With a tensed heart I went near to her. She could not speak at all because of the pain. 

But yet she asked me a simple question which I can never forget in my life. She asked with a gentle voice, “My son, have you had your lunch.”

One of her breast was removed. She was in terrible pain and the blood was dripping. But she was so concerned about her children even at that time. Once she asked that question again she went to the unconscious state. 

That’s the love of my mother.

MY MOM’S PRAYER:

In the year 2002, I had completed diploma in ECE. In the city where we lived there was a government engineering college. My family was a middle class family and so they could not afford to pay fees of a private college. We applied for that government college entrance examination. 

Nearly hundreds of students will write the entrance exam for lateral entry students and out of which they will select top 6 students. My mom started praying for me a lot. Finally the day of entrance exam came and I went to write that exam.

Thirty minutes before the entry time to the hall, my mom along with my dad knelt down in our home to pray for me. I wrote exam for nearly two hours and my mom prayed for me continuously for that two hours. 

After two days the result came and I got fifth rank in that exam and I was admitted to B.Tech ECE in that reputed Government College. 

I got that seat because of God’s abundant grace and my mom’s prayer. There were several occasions God has blessed me because of her prayers and pages will not be enough to write all those incidents.

 MY MOM’S LIFESTYLE:
Being a mother to three sons and raising them in God’s way is really a difficult job. She used to tell us that we should live according to God’s will but more than that she lived a life and showed us how to live for God through her life.

From the day I came to understand the things that happened around me, I can say that I never saw her sitting in front of television to watch any movies or serials. Even today she doesn’t know a single name of any actor or actresses. 

In a year she will read Bible entirely atleast once. She is continuing this for several years and daily she used to pray minimum of two hours. 

We understood the importance of prayer and Bible reading not through what she said but through her life. 


MY MOM’S SACRIFICE:

Till the day I completed my M.Tech my dad’s salary was not more than five thousand rupees. But yet when I completed my PG degree we had no debt to pay because my mom has sacrificed so many things for her.

If there is any shortage of money she will not take any new dress even for Christmas and New Year but she will take dresses for us during all happy occasions. 

Even today my father says to me that my mom never had any desire to go out or to purchase any luxury items because of our family condition. 

Today we were blessed by God and we are living a good life but even today she stays simple and had no special desires but to see her sons living for the glory of God.

I can say that she sacrificed so many things for us and earned many relatives anger as she failed to attend their family functions because of the shortage of money in our family on those years.

MY MOM’S DESIRE:

The only desire my mom had is that she wanted me and my brothers to live according to God’s will. 

So when she started looking girls for our marriage, my mom prayed a lot and she waited at God’s presence for hours together to know God’s will. 

Because of her today, I and my brothers got God fearing life partners. To know God’s will in my marriage, my mom waited for two years so patiently at God’s feet. Then God spoke to her clearly and then she started to proceed in my marriage.

Today I have a God fearing wife who is so loving and caring because of the Grace of God and because of my mom’s patience and prayers. 

Even today her desire is that we have to do things only for God’s glory and nothing else.

MY MOM’S KNOWLEDGE:

Though my mom never completed her higher secondary schooling she made us to study well in reputed schools and colleges. My eldest brother has finished B.Tech in EEE. My elder brother has finished B.Pharm. I had finished M.E. 

Even if I take this article and give it to my mom she won’t understand it clearly but yet with her knowledge she raised me to this level. 

DEDICATION AND THANKS:

I dedicate this article to the love and sacrifice of my mother and I thank Jesus Christ for giving me such a wonderful mother. 

“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment