QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

GOD'S PERFECT GIFT - 10 (MRS. PRAGASI - MY LOVING GRANDMOTHER WHOSE ADVICES AND PRAYERS I TREASURE)



“Wisdom is with aged men, And with length of days, understanding.” – Job 12:12

My Grandmother
When I was too young my mother accepted Christ as her savior and she stopped watching movies and secular serials. Me and my two elder brothers could not understand her decision and we always longed to watch television serials. My mother was so strict that she will never allow us to go out to play without studying our subjects.

Even on Sundays she wanted us to learn and tell her what we studied. We have to answer her questions that she asks from our subjects. At that time my father was working in a different city so he also won’t interfere in her decision. But there was one person who scolds my mom for not allowing us out even on Sundays. She is our grandmother. 

My mother has a great respect upon her mother so she will listen to what our grandmother says. On Sunday evenings we used to run from our home to our grandmother home to watch a movie. My mother will never disturb us at that time and our grandmother would give so many things to eat.

Every day she will give all her grandsons fifty paise so that we can get whatever we want to eat. Later as days passed by she raised the money to one rupee. On those days it was a big money. Though my grandfather owns a small tea shop and the income was small, my grandmother never failed to give us that money.

After few years our family got shifted to the place where my father worked and so we missed our grandmother badly. Once in a year we would go to my grandmother’s house and we look forward to that day throughout the year.

Later my grandfather died and soon my grandmother also got some physical problem. At that time we were grown up as adults but yet we loved our grandmother a lot. We thought our grandmother will die but graciously God healed her. 

After few years my mother decided to bring our grandmother to our home so that she can stay with us forever. When we heard that decision we were so happy. When my mom got cancer, our grandmother was a great support. She stayed with my mother in the place where she got treatment and used to take care of her in every way. We were so happy when my grandmother accepted Christ as her saviour and took baptism. 

Before I got married my grandmother stayed with me along with my mother for one year and even after I got married she was with me for few months. I love the way she cook fish and mutton. There were times her positive words inspired me to face certain situations boldly. 

Even today she stays with me and taking care of our God given little daughter. I admire the way she enjoys life even at this age. She is 75 years of age and still she loves to eat all things and want to travel to many places. Recently my wife joined her job after a long maternity leave and I wondered how our little daughter will cope up without her mother.

But again my grandmother said to me that she will take care of her along with my mother in law and father in law. Her advices and words of encouragement are helping me a lot even today. Moreover her prayer provides great support to our family.

I want her to stay with me till the end of her life but there was a lot of competition for that. My eldest brother wants our grandmother to stay with him and so do my elder brother. Even my eldest brother’s son is asking my mother daily that when our grandmother will come to their home. Everyone in our family wants her in their side so that they could get her advice. Even my two sister in laws loves my grandmother. 

My mother always says that our grandmother is so gifted that’s why everyone loves her a lot but I say that we are so gifted to have her with us and I thank Jesus Christ for my grandmother who is really a God’s perfect gift. May she live longer with good health. Love you grandma. May God protect you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment