QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, June 19, 2015

JESUS CHRIST WILL CARRY YOU



“And in the wilderness. There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.” - Deuteronomy 1:31

Today as I was taking care of my little daughter I noticed that she was struggling to sleep. Usually she sleeps in the morning and afternoon without making any problem. But as she struggled today, I made her to lie in my lap and had sung few songs for her. I sang nearly three old Spiritual songs and by the end of the second song itself she had slept. 

As she slept I thought about the reason of choosing those three old songs when I knew even the recent songs. Then I remembered that it was the same three songs which my father used to sing when I was so young. There were times I used to get sick and struggle for sleep. At those times he used to sing those songs and soon I will go into sleep mode. The impact of his love touched me in such a way that I sang those same songs to my little daughter after several years.

The love that my father has upon me was a great one. When I was doing my schooling I got sick and the doctors diagnosed that I had typhoid. Days passed and the fever was not reducing. At that time, my father was addicted to secular movies. He love watching movies but my mother always insisted him to stop watching secular movies and to grow in the relationship with God. 

My father never listened to my mother’s plea. He went on his own way. But as I was struggling a lot with fever for nearly two weeks, he felt that he has to surrender his life completely to God. One day he knelt by my bed side and with tears he told God that he will never see movies anymore and begged God to heal me. 

Jesus Christ accepted his commitment and healed me completely. From that day onwards he never saw any movies. Such was his love upon me. 

If an ordinary father could love his son like this, how much more Jesus Christ, our Heavenly Father will love us! Jesus Christ cares for you. He loves you so much that He gave His life for you on the cross. He had removed all your sins. He has kept His eye upon you and He is watching over you. He will continue to bless you and protect you. 

My dear young friend, you are not an orphan. Jesus Christ is your Heavenly Father and He will provide all that you desire. Jesus Christ says to you that He has carried you thus far and He will carry you even in the coming days. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment