QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, June 26, 2015

SWEET MARRIAGE - 7 (DO EVERYTHING IN GOD'S WAY)



“...As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey to the house of my master’s relatives.” – Genesis 24:27

Abraham called his servant and asked him to go his relatives to find a bride for Isaac. As his servant reached the town of Nahor, he prayed to God to direct him. As he prayed, God directed him to find Rebekah and then he says, “Lord has led me on the journey.”

What a wonderful servant he his! He is the senior servant in Abraham’s household. He knew Abraham for many years. He might have taken his own decision as per the suggestions given by Abraham. But yet as he reached the town he prayed to God to direct his ways. 

Few months back, one of my colleague got married. I knew him for few years and he is younger than me. So once his parents started to find a bride for him, he used to share those things with me. He loves my advice and he hears to that with full attention. As his marriage got fixed I gave him so many advices about how he should behave with his wife and their family and so on. 

One day as I was getting ready in my home to go to my work place, I thought about him and the talk that I should give him regarding marriage. He didn’t asked me anything on that day but I wanted to give him few advices from my marriage life. So as I was thinking about what I should tell him on that day, Holy Spirit spoke to me and said, “Let him do everything in God’s way and not on your way.”

At that moment I realized my mistake for taking him away from God by giving him my own advices. From that day I had never gave any suggestions to him regarding his marriage life. Today he is taking his own decisions in prayer and living happily with his wife. 

Sometimes when we meet Godly people, we hear to their life experiences and the way God has led them. Then we try to implement the same thing in our life but we fail to find that whether it is actually God’s way. 

God might have had led me in a particular way in my marriage life. That doesn’t mean that the same way will be God’s way for your marriage life. God might direct you in a different path. So whenever you face troubles, challenges and decision making situations, you have to do it only in God’s way. When you hear the counsel of elderly people or married people, take their counsel to God in prayer and find out whether God’s way matches with their way. If it doesn’t match go in God’s way. 

My dear young friends, you might be searching a life partner for you. Pray and do it in God’s way. You might be already married. Do everything in God’s way. Then you will have God’s peace and joy in your marriage life. You will have abundant blessing. As you live according to God’s will, you will find God’s hand leading and protecting your family life. Let’s do everything in God’s way.

No comments:

Post a Comment