QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Saturday, June 13, 2015

IF YOU WANT TO JUDGE SOMEONE TAKE THEM TO JESUS



“He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” - John 8:7 

Recently my elder brother wrote a Spiritual book as directed by Holy Spirit. I have seen God using him in several places so mightily. He has a great anointing and he had prayed a lot for my well being. Personally I love him a lot. Once he finished the rough draft of the book, he asked me to edit that. 

As I sat down to edit his book I decided to write the corrections in a separate paper so that I could tell him later. Before I finished reading the first few pages, I wrote in the paper that he should write few paragraphs at the end of every chapter about how God will help the readers in their life as God helped him. 

And as I continued reading I found that he wrote such paragraphs at the end of the chapter. I judged my brother’s writing so quickly without even looking into what he had written. I felt so ashamed about that.

At that moment Holy Spirit reminded me a lesson he taught before that. In John 8:1-11, we read about a woman who was caught in adultery. Pharisees brought the woman to Jesus so that He will judge her. As per the law she has to be stoned. So they brought her to Jesus asking His opinion on the issue.

Holy Spirit taught a wonderful lesson to me from this passage. The Pharisees brought the woman to Jesus. If you want to judge someone you have to take the stone and that particular person to Jesus asking His opinion. He will tell you what you should do. You can’t throw a stone simply at someone with asking the counsel of Jesus. 

You might know for sure someone had committed a mistake. Even the Pharisees knew that the woman committed adultery. But yet they brought her to Jesus. Even a Pharisee does like that how much more you the child of Christ has to seek the counsel of God! The basic motive of those Pharisees might be a different one but yet they brought the women to Jesus. 

You can’t judge anyone simply without knowing what they have actually done. Even if you knew what they have done, you have to ask God whether you can make their sins public or you have to deal in a different way. God will give you His wisdom and direct you. 

Jesus said to the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”

My dear young friends, even today Jesus Christ is telling you that if you are without a sin then you throw the stone. We knew that we are sinners and we commit several mistakes in our life. Then we have to understand that we can never throw a stone at anyone. 

You might say that someone has done a big sin than yours. Whatever be the sin, you should not throw the stone at anyone. You should not judge anyone. Take them to Jesus. He knows what to do. On that day because the Pharisees brought her to Jesus, her sins were forgiven and she lived. 

If you take someone who had sinned, to God in prayer, He will forgive them and give them new life. Also He will bless you richly. Be a reason for someone to live. Do not destroy someone’s life by judging them unnecessarily. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment