QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, July 31, 2015

JOY FILLED PARENTING - 3 (BE GRATEFUL TO GOD FOR YOUR CHILDREN)



Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.” – Psalms 139:16

Years back I was asked to preach in a prayer centre. It was an evening service and once I finished preaching, I saw a couple coming towards me with something in their hand. Initially I had thought that someone had missed something and so they want it to handover the thing to me so that I can give it to the people in charge of that prayer centre. 

But as they came near to me, I saw tears flowing in that woman’s face. She was tired and exhausted. She handed to me the little thing that she was carrying in her hand. It’s actually a little girl’s photo. She could not speak much as she was crying a lot. Her husband told me that they had a daughter and as she had grown up she got a particular disease and immediately she died. 

They could not overcome the sorrow and so they came to that prayer centre to pray to God to give them comfort and another child. As I prayed for them they were crying and crying. I could not comfort them at all. But I strongly believe by this time though I am not in touch with them, God would have blessed them with a child and comforted them. 

God has graciously given a child to you. As your little child grows up, you might face any kind of difficulties. Often your little child does some mischievous things that might put you in trouble. Your child might provoke your anger through his/her deeds. 

But remember, God has given you that child. He has fashioned the days of your child. He has created your child with a purpose and entrusted the responsibility in your hands. At any time, you should not feel that it will be better if you had no child at all. 

There were so many people around you are crying without a child. There were so many who had lost their little children before they grew up. Their pain was so bad. But yet God has given you a child and you should learn to say thanks to God for the child He has given you. 

Be grateful to God for the child He has given you and always praise Him for the great things He is doing in your life. Keep praying for your child. God will touch your child’s life.

No comments:

Post a Comment