QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Friday, July 10, 2015

RELATION & RELATIONSHIPS - 12 (CARE FOR THE INTERESTS OF YOUR LOVED ONES)



Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.” – Philippians 2:4

Recently I read an article posted by someone in the website. It goes like this: During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello." I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy.”

There were times in our life we cross some persons who are in a great need but we cross them without bothering what is happening in their life. Bible says that we should look into the interests of others.

Yesterday I took my little daughter outside at night. She always feels happy whenever I take her to show few buses that cross the area in which we stay. I used to take her every day and yesterday it got late and I could not find anyone on the street. Also I could sense that the wind was so cool. 

As I walked few distance I saw an old lady emerging from the area which was so dark. I could not see her face but she was speaking something though she walked alone. I don’t understand what she was speaking as I was walking on the other side of the road. But as she crossed us, she just stopped and told me this, “When you bring your little child in the cool wind like this, you should make sure that her ears was covered and all the protective measures were taken so that she will be fine.”

Saying this she never expected a reply but walked away quietly. I had never seen that lady before and she doesn’t know who I am. But yet she cared for the well being of my daughter. 

If I was in her position I don’t know whether I would have taken time in caring of other person who crosses by. But she did. As I write this I can say that I got a great respect and love upon her.
My dear young friends, your life is important to you. Caring for your life is important but at the same time you have to care for other people also. You should care for their well being and blessings. Care for your loved ones and their interests. Your relationship will be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment