QUOTES ON TOP

“I want something really worthwhile to live for. I want to invest this one life of mine as wisely as possible, in the place that yields the richest profits to the world and me…wherever it is, I want it to be God’s choice for me and not my own… Christ said, “He that would find his life shall lose it” and proved the truth of this divine paradox at Calvary. I want Him to lead me and His Holy Spirit to fill me.” – Betty Stam

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

RELATION & RELATIONSHIPS - 13 (SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER IN PRAYER)



“We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,” – Colossians 1:3

Apostle Paul was so happy when he heard that the saints of Colosse were so faithful and loving God truly. He says in verse 9 and 10 that he prays for them without ceasing for them to grow in God and be fruitful. Paul prayed for other loved ones so that they may receive God’s blessing. He supported them through His prayer.  

Even in our relationship we need to pray for our loved ones so that they may grow in God, receive His blessing and comforted in their sorrow. 

In the previous year, I have applied for a family (Ration) card in the place where I live. The card will be provided to every family by the Government if we apply for it. As I have applied I got a token acknowledging that I have applied. I waited for months hoping that I will receive the card. But I had never received it. I tried through a person whom I know and finally I was asked to receive the card yesterday. 

I was so happy and searched for the token I got a year back but I could not find it in my home. I don’t know how but somehow I had lost it. We searched a lot but yet we could not find it. Only when we give the token they will give the card. 

I was so sad and so I called my mother and informed her about the issue. She asked me not to worry and assured me that she will pray for me. Later I heard that she has prayed for me throughout the entire afternoon. By God’s grace, today I got the card without any problem. 

My mother’s prayer supported me in the time of sorrow and distress. As she prayed for me, God heard her prayers and spoke to the concerned authorities so that I can get the card without any problem. 

My dear young friends, when your loved ones go through sorrow and troubles, do pray for them. When they struggle to lead a holy life, do not blame them but support them in prayer so that God will pour out His grace upon them to grow in Him. In every relationship, prayer does matter. Continue to pray for your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment